Tamiya R-34 Nismo

Started by Madhatter, September 15, 2022, 01:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

Finally finished off a side project in the form of the Tamiya R-34 Nismo version. I had no CF decal sheet, so had to make the roof and bonnet black. Blue is SMS Tropical Blue and the interior blues are Gunze Metallic Blue and Vallejo "Magic" blue (not quite sure whats so magic about it though)

Anyways, that's it for now. I'm almost done with the other side project which once finished, clears the immediate backlog so I can begin the awesome task of masking the 2 hulls of the Star Destroyer. Lucky me  :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

zenrat

That's gorgeous.  Excellent work.  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Dizzyfugu

Nice! The pics with the black background look very good, too.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

I find cars an awkward & difficult subject to build. I don't really understand the processes. :-\

So, when I see builds as good as this, I'm mega-impressed! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I'd like to be associated with both of the previous gentleman's comments.

Stunning build  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

Not really into car models but a R-34 was my dream car for a long time (not anymore, don't really care what sort of car I drive now as long as it gets from A-B) so I can appreciate this model, and it looks very well built and finished too. Nice work  :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 15, 2022, 04:50:54 AMI find cars an awkward & difficult subject to build. I don't really understand the processes...

Really?  I have similar issues with armour.  Just goes to show.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I've had similar issues with EVERYthing recently!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 16, 2022, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 15, 2022, 04:50:54 AMI find cars an awkward & difficult subject to build. I don't really understand the processes...

Really?  I have similar issues with armour.  Just goes to show.

Probably because I developed most of my modelling skills building armour & aircraft, whereas I get the feeling that cars were an early part of your modelling experience. ;)

Wardukw

Beautiful build and the perfect wheels for the 34,,absolutley lovely hatter  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Madhatter

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2022, 10:36:50 AMProbably because I developed most of my modelling skills building armour & aircraft, whereas I get the feeling that cars were an early part of your modelling experience. ;)

Actually, your quite right - my first model ever was a Testors Lamborghini Jalpa. Not that it matters as I branched out to whatever took my fancy. I reckon I've built at least one of each type of transportation (car, boat, tank, plane, train etc). I've watched that many Youtube tutorials on how to achieve a good finish that its only fair I get at least one good car kit out of my time  ;D

Thank you all for the positive replies - I really do appreciate them  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

That does raise a question..who remembers the first model they ever made?.
Mine was a Airfix F86 Sabre which i glued together with wood glue . :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on September 16, 2022, 09:37:15 PMThat does raise a question..who remembers the first model they ever made?.
Mine was a Airfix F86 Sabre which i glued together with wood glue . :o

I have no idea but it was either Airfix or Matchbox, those being the only kits available where I lived at the time, & either 1/72 aircraft (probably a Spitfire) or an Airfix 1/76 AFV (probably a Matilda).

Paints were probably Airfix & tube glue was, possibly(?), also?

I know an early build was a 1/72 Matchbox Hurricane IIC (I remember the brown wings (& tan? fuselage) & the gun barrels sticking out from the wings).

Quick Google search & it looks like I may have those colours arse-about,:

Of course they may have changed which colours were what over the years, but I doubt it.

Madhatter

My first one was nothing short of a glue bomb, but I had such a great time building it, I didn't care. Unusally, it was my Mother who got me into modelling, not my Father or another male like most people. 
Then there's the question of who (if anyone) has had the greatest influence on your build style? I know straight out that it was in 2011 that my building style changed radically after seeing a Venator build by a Japanese modeller by the screen name of Yatasith.  He had created the single most detailed build I had ever seen and it heavily inspired me to go that extra bit to get a result unlike anyone elses. 
I outright copied what he did until I understood the scaling of the parts and chips etc. And now I just do my own thing in a similar vein, all be it scifi stuff only coz that's fully subjective.