SA Scale Model Expo

Started by rickshaw, August 29, 2022, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

The SA Scale Model Expo will be held on 8 - 9 October 2022 at Cosgrove Hall, 40-50 York Ave, Clovelly Park 5042.

I hope to attend.  Any one else?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

I shall be there! I have that weekend off! ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I'm working that Satyrday or i'd have tried to make it.
 :angry:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on August 30, 2022, 03:35:09 AMI'm working that Satyrday or i'd have tried to make it.
 :angry:

Excuses, excuses, just chuck a sickie, mate!  :party:

buzzbomb

Sadly, not this year for me either. Catching up with the backlog of 2020 and 2021 holidays.
Will be OS, Barcelona according to the itinerary. ;)

zenrat

Barcelona is a fascinating city.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 06, 2022, 03:59:11 AMBarcelona is a fascinating city.

My second overseas trip in 1960. I've still got the photos somewhere  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Righto, I'll be onsite at around 0900hrs, bringing a number of models - all for Display Only as my printer is playing up; then I'm off to the Keswick Barracks Military Museum Open Day for a few hours to take a bunch of photo's of AFV's & stuff; then back for the latter part of the afternoon; & I'll be back for the Sunday session (but, maybe, not quite as early ;) ).

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 07, 2022, 02:17:05 AMRighto, I'll be onsite at around 0900hrs, bringing a number of models - all for Display Only as my printer is playing up; then I'm off to the Keswick Barracks Military Museum Open Day for a few hours to take a bunch of photo's of AFV's & stuff; then back for the latter part of the afternoon; & I'll be back for the Sunday session (but, maybe, not quite as early ;) ).

I intend to attend the Blackwood Rotary book sale in the morning and the model expo in the afternoon, after about 1400 hrs.  Would you be there, then?

Old Wombat

Probably but, if I'm having fun shutter-bugging at Keswick, I may not back from the museum but I shouldn't be back much later.

rickshaw

We met anyway.  Guy, you're looking rather grey haired!  Interesting turn out.  Some interesting kits there.  One fellow likes MiG-29s!  Spotted a few of your ringers amongst the bunch.  Very nice. :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Good to meet up with you, again, Brian, even if only for a few minutes. I'm no greyer than last time we met, mate, my beard & hair are just longer. ;D  :thumbsup:

As my printer died I couldn't print out any "reference" material, so all my builds are "Display Only" (as I wrote earlier) but I did hear one group discussing my Sea Beau, however I didn't catch enough of the conversation to get the full gist of what they were saying (something about aircraft carriers of the era being too small to launch the Beau).

Got a few photo's of the model show & a few from the museum open day. I'll upload them to SmugMug tomorrow & sort them into usable & unusable during the week & post them a.s.a.p. Will be attending tomorrow, so there may be a few more builds to photograph before I upload & sort them.

NARSES2

Glad you seem to be having a good time gents  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

And, now, we come to the photo's bit, about 170 in all.

So, to the delight of overscan (Paul) & the other global moderators, I won't post them all, just a selection & a link to my photo host site;

https://guyplachy.smugmug.com/SAPMA-Expo-2022/

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Some really nice stuff there Guy, thank you  :thumbsup:

I'm particularly drawn to the Cartoon style Dr1 and Camel for some reason.

Hope you had a good time.