Freightdog casting

Started by Freightdog862, August 27, 2022, 01:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Good morning everyone,

Last week my friend and caster Phil Edwards passed away after a short illness.  Phil was one of three casters I have regularly used since starting Freightdog, producing many my larger sets and complete kits. He was also a very skilled pattern maker, producing masters for some of the best items in the Alley Cat range, and recently re-working Magna kits re-issued by Combat Kits.

As a result a number of my sets will are likely to go out of stock in coming months, some will be cast instead by Paul Lucas, others by CMR but in the short term supply may be an issue as I prioritize casting of new items.

This will also impact on what I have ready for Scale Modelworld, I had planned to restock some sets that have not been around for a while but this will now be delayed.

Thanks,

Colin   

Gondor

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Deepest sympathy

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Sorry to hear that Colin, always sad to lose a friend.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Sad to hear that Colin  ----  I'm reminded of when Peter Wright suddenly passed away, Aeroclub was never the same after that. You're fortunate that you have two others in the fold.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Colin, that's SO sad. My best wishes to you now.

Phil did superb work for you, and us too of course, and will be sadly missed.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2022, 11:49:34 AMColin, that's SO sad. My best wishes to you now.

I totally agree. Loosing a friend is so hard. My condolences.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn Gilbertson

So sorry to hear this sad news, Colin. My condolences.

Freightdog862

Thanks for the kind comments Gentleman, very much appreciated.

Colin

kitbasher

Sorry to hear the news, Colin, please accept my condolences both to you and Phil's family.

regards,

Dave
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

So sorry to hear Colin.  Always horrible to hear of the passing of a friend. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

elmayerle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2022, 11:49:34 AMColin, that's SO sad. My best wishes to you now.

I have to second all these sentiments.  Losing a friend and co-worker is always hard; particularly when they have a special place in matters.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie

I'm very sorry to hear that Colin, deepest condolences.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

dogsbody

Deep condolences, Colin!

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"