Maltese Kittiwake

Started by Barnagat, July 21, 2022, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnagat

Greetings,
          I made a 1/48 Shapley Kittiwake and painted it for service in Malta 1943. I know, weird and ugly planes aren't for everyone.

No clue yet how to post photos, but there are a few here https://www.flickr.com/photos/195931742@N08/

NARSES2

That's an interesting aircraft  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Not weird or ugly, some would call it 'cute'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Barnagat flicker is easy to post from.

The first thing is that your doing everything right so far  :thumbsup:

Second, look at the picture that you want to post, the page with the picture on a black background and little tiny pictures below it and some symbols to their right.

Third, press on the arrow that is going clockwise, its to the left of the download arrow which is at the right hand side of the page.

Forthly, once the new window has opened select the BBCode option on the right end of the options. This then provides a window with a code and another window below the code with sizes. Pick a medium size please

Fifthly, copy the code above the size options and then paste it into your post where you want. Like so......

Shapley Kittiwake - Malta 1943 by Barnard Starr, on Flickr

You can get rid of the part that says your name etc by removeing all the code after [/url].

To post a second picture, close the window with the size and share options then select the next picture you want to post and repeat.

I hope that is understandable

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on July 22, 2022, 06:11:39 AM

It's so...cute.  Like something out of the animation studios during (and just after) the war.  All it needs is some googly eyes on the windscreen.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

Uh? Is this a derivative of the Curtiss Kittyhawk? :unsure:
Wikipedia tells me this name is for a bird (Mouette Rissa in my French).
And there were two Real Kittiwake aircraft:
from Saunders 1920: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saunders_Kittiwake
from Mitchell 1967: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Kittiwake
Is your one a third one from another planet? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Quote from: scooter on July 23, 2022, 05:23:44 AM
Quote from: Gondor on July 22, 2022, 06:11:39 AM

It's so...cute.  Like something out of the animation studios during (and just after) the war.  All it needs is some googly eyes on the windscreen.

Or the Disney movie Planes....the spin-off to Cars.
BTW, the build looks great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Zero-Sen

I didn't notice the gull wing at first glance.
Lovely seabird!