Special Tandem Hunter release at Coventry, the Fighter Reconnaissance version

Started by Freightdog862, June 16, 2022, 04:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

For release at Coventry this weekend I have a very special version of my Tandem Hunter, dedicated to the memory of Mike McEvoy. As anyone who saw the SIG stand at Telford in recent years you will have noticed Mike's dozen or so Tandem Hunter builds. Some time back I had the idea to produce a fourth version of the set, fitted with a camera nose, this is pure What-If as no such version was proposed for a two seater, but I know Mike would have embraced it! I had hoped to bring this to SMW last November to show it to him but covid changed my plans, and when I heard of Mike's death some two weeks later I lost all enthusiasm to complete it, that is until now.

The set consists of the All Weather tandem P.1130 conversion parts, with the addition of a clear cast camera equipped nose section to replace a grey resin part. This means you will have a spare AW nose should you want to use it on one of your trainer sets already in the stash.

This will be a very limited release, I will have ten sets with me, and another ten or so to go on sale via my website in the next week or so. Price for the conversion set is £20.00. 

Thanks, Colin

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

elmayerle

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Freightdog862

Quote from: elmayerle on June 18, 2022, 10:05:22 PM
If there are any still left, please put me down for one.

No problem, I have put one aside for you.

Thanks,
Colin 

Gondor

Based on the P.1130 so side-by-side or are you talking about that "exta" part you sent me some time ago? If the former then I would be interested in one, if the latter then I already have one.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Freightdog862

Quote from: Gondor on June 20, 2022, 02:01:01 AM
Based on the P.1130 so side-by-side or are you talking about that "exta" part you sent me some time ago? If the former then I would be interested in one, if the latter then I already have one.

Gondor

Yes its the sample nose I gave you, so your covered.

Colin

Gondor

Quote from: Freightdog862 on July 03, 2022, 01:17:49 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 20, 2022, 02:01:01 AM

Gondor

Yes its the sample nose I gave you, so your covered.

Colin

[Tony the Tiger Voice On/]Grrrrrrrrreat[/voice off]

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

For some reason - probably alcohol - I read that as Special Tantrum  Hunter...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 20, 2022, 11:43:57 AM
For some reason - probably alcohol - I read that as Special Tantrum  Hunter...

;D I can think of some nose art that might give it that look ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.