LF Two civilian pilot figures from the AIRFIX Islander kit.

Started by JayBee, June 15, 2022, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

As it says in the title. They had separate arms and I am going to need all the bits, well I do not want them to be 'armless  :rolleyes:.

I will pay whatever it takes.
Thank you gentlemen.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Would the crew from a Shorts Skyvan do inseat of an Islander?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Alistair, I do not know.
If they are civilian pilots, with the hats, and seperate arms then YES.
I have plans for a BEA Heron.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on June 15, 2022, 01:42:21 PM
Alistair, I do not know.
If they are civilian pilots, with the hats, and seperate arms then YES.
I have plans for a BEA Heron.

They do have flat hats and seperate arms, send me your address by PM and I will get them off to you probably tomorrow.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Ye Ha! they have arrived Alistair, and are exactly what I need.
Now tto start building.

I case anyone is wondering, I do believ that cockpits should be fully fitted out, and that includes people!

Cats are not real. 

sandiego89

Quote from: JayBee on June 20, 2022, 06:48:12 AM

......I case anyone is wondering, I do believ that cockpits should be fully fitted out, and that includes people!

Funny, I hardly ever use pilots/people, mailed a bunch off to someone on here a few years ago. I also skip minor details like rudder pedals and control sticks if they are hard to see, as is often the case in my usual 1/72 scale.  No concourse show winners for me I guess!   Happy building!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 22, 2022, 11:06:11 AM

Funny, I hardly ever use pilots/people, mailed a bunch off to someone on here a few years ago. I also skip minor details like rudder pedals and control sticks if they are hard to see, as is often the case in my usual 1/72 scale.  No concourse show winners for me I guess!   Happy building!

I to don't tend to use pilot figures, although I do keep them if they are included in a kit for some reason. As for the minor details I do tend to use them, although I do wonder why, especially when you can't pose the canopy open. My current Spitfire is a case in point. I think I spent longer on the internals then the rest of the kit put together, but when I plonked the canopy on all I could make out was the seat, seatbelts and the top of the control column  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

The control column of my Swift F10 went AWOL when I cut it off the sprue, but it's totally invisible in an all black cockpit anyway, so I didn't bother replacing it.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 22, 2022, 11:06:11 AM
Quote from: JayBee on June 20, 2022, 06:48:12 AM

......I case anyone is wondering, I do believ that cockpits should be fully fitted out, and that includes people!

I think that was me.  I'm still using tham and am still grateful.
I like to have the canopy open and a pilot in there as though they were sitting waiting to go.
I also like to put pilots in WW2 era flying gear into more modern aircraft (and vice versa) to irritate JMNs & rivet counters.

Anyone after civilian pilots could do worse than look at PJ Productions https://www.pj-production.be/en/7-figures-1-72
They do a set of three civilian pilots (shirts, ties, but no hats) and a set of three transport pilots (overalls and baseball hats) which I think are intended to be military but can easilly be civilian as well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2022, 03:36:51 AM

I also like to put pilots in WW2 era flying gear into more modern aircraft (and vice versa) to irritate JMNs & rivet counters.

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2022, 03:36:51 AM

Well done, sir!!   Have you considered the possibilities of trying to slot a Harrier cockpit into a Sopwith Camel? And if so are you prepared to tidy up the debris left after a JMN total melt-down?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

JayBee

[/quote]

Now that realy strikes home as a wonderfull attitude.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cats are not real. 

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on June 23, 2022, 10:57:34 AM

Now that realy strikes home as a wonderfull attitude.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I think Airfix was of the same opinion one time, they mixed up the pilots in a couple of models one time, Spitfire pilot in a Harrier (I think) and the Harrier pilot in the Spitfire.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Not sure about the whole cockpit, but a bang seat and gee-suited pilot might go well in a DH2.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I think at one point back in the day all pilots provided by Airfix, Frog et al were exactly the same regardless of the period they were meant to be representing. Mind you I suppose 1950's gear wasn't that different from 1940's ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.