Placeholder

Started by Caveman, June 13, 2022, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

Oo, I've been pondering a lightning and/or hunter for a "never retired" build. Guess this is a good opportunity
secretprojects forum migrant

Caveman

Ambitions for this GB may well exceed my capabilities. I've got an idea for 4 models from 2 kits + a bunch of printed parts.

Kit wings on custom fuse and custom wings on kit wings for both a hunter and lightning...

NARSES2

It's good to have ambitions and if time runs out they can always be moved to the general section of the site  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Caveman

So, 2 donor kits identified and the ambition is currently:

Kit Hunter fuselage + custom wings - navalised hunter (along the lines of P.1117)
Custom fuselage + kit wings - huntsman

Kit lightning fuselage + custom wings - TSR2 wing planform testbed

Custom fuselage + kit wings - Flatening

PR19_Kit

Ooooh yes, I love ALL of those ideas!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

More thoughts, no styrene cut yet

Can you fit a combined cycle propulsion system into a Lightning?

Yeah maybe

PR19_Kit

This is WhiffWorld, you can do anything you like.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Caveman on June 13, 2022, 01:03:51 PM
Oo, I've been pondering a lightning and/or hunter for a "never retired" build. Guess this is a good opportunity

Fill.  Your.  Boots!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Whatever you end up doing please name one either the English Electric, or Hawker, Placeholder...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Caveman

Caught COVID just as the competition started. (Un)fortunately modelling mojo seems to be the only long lasting effect.

zenrat

Plenty of time to go.  Two whole months left.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2022, 05:12:36 AM
Plenty of time to go.  Two whole months left.

Yup, plus the inevitable extension  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.