Hawker Tempest F.6 249 Squadron (Real World)

Started by Gondor, May 13, 2022, 11:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

So years ago when Colin (Freightdog) produced the Tempest Mk.6/F.6 conversion set I thought it would be nice to get a couple, one ended up on a Typhoon and the other languished around for a while untill I heard that Airfix was produceing a Mk.V and I thought why not fit the two together.
It took a lot of grinding down of the radiator to get it to fit, aroundabout 1mm, and a bit of fetteling here and there, but here are the results.
The decals and main wheels are from a recent KP kit. The wheels needed the hub drilled out a little to fit the Airfix axle, but that's better than them being loose. Other than a slight amount of white on the edge of the tail flash the decals were ok.

This is supposed to be a real world aircraft GN-A NX126 of 249 Squadron, RAF Habbaniya, Iraq, 1947

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Nice, the unusual red code letters look interesting.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Yes this is like  :thumbsup:..love the Tempest / Typhoon family..big .bad and brutal..very sweet indeed  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 14, 2022, 05:38:51 PM
Yes this is like  :thumbsup:..love the Tempest / Typhoon family..big .bad and brutal..very sweet indeed  ;D

Yup, I've always been a fan of the family
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

These are the three that I had at the Scottish Nationals over the weekend

The rear left of this group is The Hushle
At the front is a Tempest 1b with the F.6 being the aircraft on the right.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

This Twin-Tempest is weird, like having wing anhedral (external, and dihedral internal) in an inverted V-wing layout, uncommon! ;D :thumbsup:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/r_tempest-gondor.jpg
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

A very very nice family sitting there Allister mate  ;D
I want to build a another 48th Typhoon but thr only one i know off is monograms old one..might just have to hunt one down me thinks .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .