RW Hasegawa 1/48 Hellcat

Started by AeroplaneDriver, May 09, 2022, 11:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Been a while since I posted a build here.  I've been building but my last few have been real world instead of Whifs.  Thought I'd post the most recent finished this weekend though just to prove I'm building!  ;D

Hasegawa 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat, completely OOB other than Eduard fabric harness.  After my last few being fairly lightly weathered I went full on Dirty Bird on this one. 

Strangely the Hellcat has become a favorite of mine over the past few years after never really being that interested in it before.  This is my third one in 1/48 over the past few years, the prior ones being USN Whifs found elsewhere on here.

Fear not, whiffery is about to return.  Couple of ideas on deck including a RN or RAF Sea Guardian MPA and of course the imminent OWGB.  Always my favorite. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Bloody beautiful build bud  ;D ;D ..ive had a few Hellcats and yeah i like these alot to but no idea why . :unsure:
Ive got the Hasegawa 32nd Hellcat and its crap..older than the sun and it really shows.
I really like this matey..wonderful  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I've built the HobbyBoss 1/48 F6F-3 as a whif & it got some serious weathering, too. ;D

Nowhere near as nicely done as this one, though! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Nice! :thumbsup:

Hellcat has been a firm favourite of mine since childhood, I put that down to one of the first games I owned was Wing's of Fury on a Apple IIc. I spent many happy hours flying the F6F around bombing, straffing and firing rockets at islands and ships on that green and black screen.

Edit: I forgot about the torpedoes in the game, did a Hellcat ever carry a torpedo? Would it need a Fw-190 type extended tailwheel to do so? :unsure:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"