HELP! I need Heller Javelin T.3 instructions.

Started by The Rat, March 26, 2022, 11:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Hauled it out of a drawer today and found there are no instructions with it. Also no decals, but I've got plenty of choices in my collection. So if anyone has a copy that they could scan and post, I would be most grateful. Tried looking on-line, no joy.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

I think I have, I'll check in a bit.

But it's pretty simple and you could probably build it by instinct.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

99% sure I've got some. Give me a an hour or so.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on March 27, 2022, 12:55:15 AM
99% sure I've got some. Give me a an hour or so.

Got them in my hand now. I'm in the UK, so post will probably be slow. Maybe e-mail scans to you?

Please let me know. I'm going to be out of the house a fair bit today, so if replies are slow in coming, don't panic.

Regarding decals, bear in mind that real-life RAF Javelins had a non-standard, very large fin flash covering practically the whole of the front lower quarter of the fin, presumably so that it could be seen from high angles past the T-tail. If you want those, I doubt that you'll find them on anything except a Javelin sheet, since they have a diagonal edge to match the fin leading edge. If you want them and you can't get decals, then their size actually works to your advantage, since it should be possible to either mask and paint them, or to make them out of individual lengths of generic decal stripe.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2022, 11:37:22 PM
I think I have, I'll check in a bit.

But it's pretty simple and you could probably build it by instinct.

Thanks, looks like Weaver has some he's e-mailing to me. The kit was purchased at a show, and already started by a previous owner, so I also need to ensure that all the parts are with it. Looks like it, but you can never be sure.

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

The Rat