Thunder Strike

Started by tc2324, March 26, 2022, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

My first `What if` in god knows how long. A nice and welcome change from building fund raising Phantom builds.

Premise is quite simple, with the failure of the TSR.2 procurement, the RAF required a stop gap low level interdictor strike and found it in the shape of the American F-105G. Only 20 aircraft were leased all serving with 4 Squadron based in Germany from 1969 to 1973. Updated to carry the Red Beard nuclear bomb, the delivery tactic as shown here, would be a supersonic low level run and then toss bombing the device towards the target.

Thanks for looking.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

kitbasher

Excellent, thanks for sharing.  RAF Thud has been on and off my 'future projects' list for ages, minor issue of not having one in the stash the only reason for not doing something about it!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

That's come out really well. She certainly suits the colour scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good and convincing - the combo works well!  :thumbsup:

I could also imagine an all-white RAF Thud with pale roundels?  :rolleyes:

FAR148

PR19_Kit

YEAH! 4 Sqdn Rules!  :thumbsup:

And the Thud works REALLY well in RAF camo, super job.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Wacko! That looks excellent, tc! :bow: :bow:

But, hey, I'm a Thud fan! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Wardukw

Great model TC..and bugger dropping a nuke that way   ;D
Bloody nice paint job..i think i gotta build a few more UK model planes..so many different camo schemes to play with  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

AeroplaneDriver

Gorgeous model!  Great display too.  Top notch whiffery!  :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....