1/72 MB-5 AZ Model

Started by wacek85, March 24, 2022, 09:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello!

Here is my MB-5 from AZ Model. I've add seatbelts from Eduard, cannons from Master , Gabszewicz's decals from Techmod and a lot of putty to finish this pile of plastic. Model only for fans of MB-5 , rest can live without it, really :)

McColm

Dizzyfugu

The result is looking very good, though.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Very nice build of a very cool plane . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Nice result. Must finish mine sometime.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Looks pretty darn good, but the main gear's at the wrong angle.

The bottom of the doors should be parallel with the ground, so did you get the legs swapped side to side perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Here's an article with a few good pics showing the main gear. Looks to be raked forward quite a bit.
https://hushkit.net/2019/01/02/almost-the-greatest-fighter-of-world-war-ii-the-martin-baker-mb5/amp/
Sorry to seem like we are picking on you. Your build looks really great. Maybe it's the fault of the kit. You didn't seem happy with the plastic bits. Whatever else you can certainly paint one of mine any day. You're miles ahead of my poor skills.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Considering what that kit is like in the box that has come out really, really well and looks fantastic  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Nice result with what is, by all accounts, a parcel of dog turds. I've the original and one of these, but I've got other MB5s by other manufacturers that are much better.

I dislike this version most of all, as not only is it complete fiction, it wasted valuable manufacturing time and effort that could and should have gone on another niche aircraft yet to be done in injection - CAC Ca-15 anyone?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

wacek85

Thanks a lot :)

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 24, 2022, 03:46:27 PM
Looks pretty darn good, but the main gear's at the wrong angle.

The bottom of the doors should be parallel with the ground, so did you get the legs swapped side to side perhaps?

Legs can be mounted only this way. I had a great problems mounting them. Maybe that the reason of wrong angle. Instructions weren't helpful too...

Quote from: kerick on March 24, 2022, 04:41:09 PM
Here's an article with a few good pics showing the main gear. Looks to be raked forward quite a bit.
https://hushkit.net/2019/01/02/almost-the-greatest-fighter-of-world-war-ii-the-martin-baker-mb5/amp/
Sorry to seem like we are picking on you. Your build looks really great. Maybe it's the fault of the kit. You didn't seem happy with the plastic bits. Whatever else you can certainly paint one of mine any day. You're miles ahead of my poor skills.

As I wrote - mounting them was like nightmare. Perhaps that's the reason of too straight legs :)

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 25, 2022, 07:47:29 AM
Nice result with what is, by all accounts, a parcel of dog turds. I've the original and one of these, but I've got other MB5s by other manufacturers that are much better.

I dislike this version most of all, as not only is it complete fiction, it wasted valuable manufacturing time and effort that could and should have gone on another niche aircraft yet to be done in injection - CAC Ca-15 anyone?

It was only one available in Poland. Who else makes 1/72 MB-5? I know AZ Model, resin kit from Planet Models, one vacuformed and two 1/48 sets which are like Loch Ness monster - they are there but no one saw them :D

PR19_Kit

I've built three of these, or the MB-6 variant, and it is possible to get the main gear legs on wrong. I did it myself more than once.

The instructions are rubbish, sadly. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

wacek85

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 25, 2022, 09:12:34 AM
I've built three of these, or the MB-6 variant, and it is possible to get the main gear legs on wrong. I did it myself more than once.

The instructions are rubbish, sadly. :(

Sorry, You're right. Today I think slower than I'm writing  :banghead:

kitbasher

Nice finish, shame the u/c caused you problems.  IIRC the u/c locators cause the vertical sit, they should be engineered to make them rake forward.

There's a few AZ MB5s posted online showing the same issue.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Hotte