Martin Marina MR.7 revised with photos

Started by McColm, March 13, 2022, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

You have probably seen this before as it was one of my first finished buids using the Mach2  Martin Mariner with the sponsors from the MH-53 Sea Dragon.
It looks as though the twin tail fins have snapped off and a new tail taped on as a replacement.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

I thought that I had cured my bouts of not being able to sleep but I was wrong. The 1/72 Mach2 model has reverted back to being a ASW and I now know what to do with my old paint brushes they make excellent M.A.D. booms. Just sorting out underwing pylons, I know that I have the Harpoon anti-ship missiles from the Airfix HS Nimrod MR.1 in the spares.

zenrat

After the Martin Marina are we going to see a Morris Mariner?  ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on November 22, 2022, 03:20:38 AMAfter the Martin Marina are we going to see a Morris Mariner?  ;D
Yes, I have found a resin bodyshell that I can whiff.

The the two door coupe.

Four door saloon

How about a five door hatchback version

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Not quite. The Chinese version of the Morris Ital estate.

It will be based on the  top design in the picture below.

Or the Marina  Utility with rear passenger doors.

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, Torcars did some really interesting things with BL cars in their shop.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Getting back to the 1/72 Mach2 kit which this build is based on. A pair of CFM turbofans.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

The Martin Marina MR.7 now has an in-flight refuelling probe and is joined with a few of it's friends.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]