LF: 1/48 B-36 jet engine pods and pylons

Started by elmayerle, February 14, 2022, 10:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

I need at least one complete pod and pylon set, preferrably two as "just-in-case" insurance.  These are not going on an aircraft, rather I'm looking to model the New York Central's jet-powered rail car test from the late 1050's.  I've already got an O-gauge Budd RDC with the correct unit number but I need the pod and pylon.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Gondor

I think your going to have to be very lucky to get them. Might be easier to get a B-47 kit and use the engine pods from that.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Does anyone DO a 1/48 B-47?

And what do you do with the rest of it? Ah, scratch some turbo props and built the singelton XB-47C?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2022, 12:13:55 PM
Does anyone DO a 1/48 B-47?

And what do you do with the rest of it? Ah, scratch some turbo props and built the singelton XB-47C?

Contrails, ID Models and Sanger, all vacuform kits.

For 1/48 B-36, there's only the HPH kit, hugely expensive ---

Actually Evan, Sanger might be your best option as it's still current on their website. You could possible just buy the engine and pylon from them if you explained what you wanted it for.

https://www.sangereng.co.uk/boeing_b47.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

As they didn't get the jets until the B-36D you might be able to find someone who has the kit and wants to build an early one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on February 15, 2022, 03:38:44 AM
As they didn't get the jets until the B-36D you might be able to find someone who has the kit and wants to build an early one.

I'm going to do that with one of my B-36's, or I should say 1/72 B-36's.  I've only ever seen a 1/48 B-52 before, never a 1/48 B-36.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike