RW: 1/72 RAAF Mitchell 1980s warbird

Started by KiwiZac, February 06, 2022, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Hi all,
This Mitchell, 44-86791, was restored in the USA in the early 1980s for an Australian group called Aero Heritage which had been searching for a B-25 to fly as a warbird to acknowledge the type's RAAF service. Ownership later passed to the Australian War Memorial which controversially sold the aircraft to the Yanks Air Museum at Chino, where it remains today.

This is the old Italeri 1/72 Mitchell kit built basically out-of-the box with DK Decals for the RAAF markings, while the distinctive Esso tiger noseart was designed and printed for my by our very own PR19_Kit! Unfortunately the antenna above the cockpit was broken and lost while I waited for the tiger decals.

Italeri 1/72 TB-25J Mitchell VH-XXV by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I'm very pleased with how this turned out and I hope you like it too.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

Dont know if you know the rules Zac but if its a twin i like it and the B25 is a twin ive liked for decades.
I have many a B25 and even now the want is still there .
Yours looks sweet as a peach and its strange ..no idea why tho ..but ive always liked them in Aussie markings ..very nice ..very very nice  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Nice build Zac and I really like the Foliage Green uppers  :thumbsup:

I'm now wondering what it would look like with white ID bands ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Thanks a lot folks! Although one of the guys instrumental in its Aussie adventures pointed out a wing roundel is missing...!

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 07, 2022, 03:44:38 AM
Greeeen!
Tamiya XF-70 - a perfect match to my eye!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates