9 (20.5%)
Weaver's HMS Avalon
4 (9.1%)
Rickshaw's Australian Army Do228
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 09, 2022, 12:59:13 PM

AeroplaneDriver

Alright chaps, here is the poll for the voting.  I hope I made it look acceptable.  I tried to use Zenrat's description from the Navy GB, but had some issues with picture formats when using links directly so I saved the pics to a uniform size. 

In accordance with Grand & Ancient Tradition the first pic posted in the Finishes Build thread is the one I used. 

Pick your top three.  Voting will be open for 7 days, until Feb 9th, and results will be hidden until voting is over to try to avoid any undue influence over voting.  Keep the comments "spoiler free" until the end please. 

Great job to all who entered and to all who gave it a shot but ran out of time! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

perttime

Quote from: rickshaw on February 02, 2022, 06:41:22 PM
Where is my Do228?
I don't see it in the Finished Builds thread.

Can something be done to include it?

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: rickshaw on February 02, 2022, 06:41:22 PM
Where is my Do228?

Not to sound harsh, but you had 4 weeks to post it in the "Finished Builds" thread. You're not new here so you know how it works.  If nobody objects I'll put it in tomorrow, but it's pretty much on you that it's not included. 

Again, not to sound harsh but these are the rules.  You may stand in the corner in the Dunce Hat for 3 hours.   ;) ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

rickshaw

You're right.  I can only plead that I forgot because of my stroke.  I find my memory fails on the little things but thankfully not the big things.   :banghead: :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Only 3 Votes!!! :o

I struggled to get down to 6 builds I absolutely had to vote for, then had to tear my heart out halving that! :-\

Oh, the pain! :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

Voted!  and hidden votes to build the suspense. <_<  Thank you to the moderators and poll set up Aeroplanedriver!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Right for the first time ever I've had to delete some posts because to put it basically things were getting totally out of hand.

Now I can see both sides of the argument here. Yes the Poll didn't include one of the finished models, but in fairness that model hadn't been posted in the Finished Builds Thread. Now these polls do take some time to set up and it has to be remembered that the Moderators have volunteered to take these duties on amid what in some cases are already busy lives. No moderators, no GB's to put it plainly, unless you expect me to do the lot ? Another mitigating factor in this particular case was that a fair number of votes had already been cast before the omission was noticed, mine included, so any re-run would have involved getting people to re-submit their votes and I can almost guarantee you that, that would have caused almost as much anguish as the current situation. Some would not have voted again that is for sure, because as stated above people have lives outside the Board to lead, even me perhaps surprisingly.

Now I have to take some of the blame here because to put it plainly I should have noticed the omission, but sadly I didn't. Now I have made a note to remind myself to ensure that in future all finished builds are also posted in the specific Finished Builds thread for the GB. To late for this one I know, but at least I've learnt something from it.

Now I hope that enables us to proceed in a civilised manner ? If you've any farther comments on this particular subject can I ask that you take them up with me ?

Thank you

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Thanks for getting things back on track Chris!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

perttime

Good thing I kept my voting criteria simple: go for first impression of which ones are the coolest ideas.

AndrewF

Well, I voted after Rickshaw's build was added to the poll. In any case thanks AeroplaneDriver for managing the whole GB and to Chris as well for defusing things. Looking forward to the final results.

loupgarou

Quote from: AndrewF on February 05, 2022, 12:03:36 PM
Well, I voted after Rickshaw's build was added to the poll. In any case thanks AeroplaneDriver for managing the whole GB and to Chris as well for defusing things. Looking forward to the final results.

I second that.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Quote from: loupgarou on February 05, 2022, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: AndrewF on February 05, 2022, 12:03:36 PM

I second that.

And "Thirded"! :thumbsup:

Been there! Done that! Got the T-shirt! Job well done, Nick! :bow: :cheers:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Why did I not get the t-shirt?  :-\

Postage is probably too, high, or the customs snatched it...