Milton Keynes Show May 8th

Started by NARSES2, January 19, 2022, 06:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Modelkraft 2022 May 8th at the Marshall Arena

Hoping to get to this as long as the trains are running  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Is that the same place as it was last time, built into a football stadium as I recall?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 19, 2022, 08:03:33 AM
Is that the same place as it was last time, built into a football stadium as I recall?

This is at Stadium MK again, home to the MKDons football club. Just off the A5 as I recall.
Stadium Way W, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK1 1ST

Martin H

A word to the wise. Dont plan on bringing shed loads for the tables.
Due to the extra space they have to have around the place for people to move in these days of covid, table allocations have been reduced.
We were down for 4 tables but were cut back to 1. I have twisted a few arms to us get back upto 2 tables at least.

This hasnt been helped by the death of their show manager from cancer. As a result they lost a fair chunk of their information inclucing all club/sig bookings

Quote from: Nick on January 19, 2022, 10:55:32 AM

This is at Stadium MK again, home to the MKDons football club. Just off the A5 as I recall.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on January 20, 2022, 03:42:46 AM

This hasnt been helped by the death of their show manager from cancer. As a result they lost a fair chunk of their information inclucing all club/sig bookings

Yup I read that, very sad and oh so quick  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on January 19, 2022, 10:55:32 AM

It might actually be easier for me to get the train to Bletchley ?

The Wooksta!

Could well be there. I'll bring one or two of the more recent efforts. The club itself isn't coming down, but the club secretary and me down as punters.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

I have arranged the day off work for this one. First time I've been to the MK show in several years, and my first time at this venue.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 23, 2022, 10:40:35 AM
I have arranged the day off work for this one. First time I've been to the MK show in several years, and my first time at this venue.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nigel Bunker

For the first time in ages, there's nothing to stop me attending so I'll be there.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

NARSES2

Great Nigel, look forward to catching up again  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Sadly I can't make MK this year as I'm going to a funeral the same day, something that's becoming all too common these days. :(

Sorry about that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

That's a shame, Kit, please accept my condolences.

Martin - given your earlier post regarding table space, how many models per SIG attendee do you suggest?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I was bringing about three or four.  If Dave brings the DH117 and Martin brings his SR187, I'll try to get the FD3 finished plus a pair of P8s?

And I'll bring down those bits I've promising Dave for months!

Sorry you won't be there, Kit, but hopefully I'll see you in Scotland.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Morning Mr B - yup, the 117 will be going.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter