Matchbox Hawker Fury

Started by The Rat, January 01, 2022, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

I was going to venture into the real world with this one, but since there are no decals it looks like it will have to be whiffed. Have to have a ferkle around in my decal stash but there may not be anything suitable.

Fury by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

This is cool Ratman...the Fury was a pretty wicked piece of kit in her day..didnt the US try them at one point ? ...or maybe they did in wiffy world  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

I've got fond memories of those old Matchbox bi-planes. Looking to forward to this  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

How about Iran (real, though, but with a radial engine IIRC) or Irak? Sweden could also be a nice option - with roundels w/o the yellow border? Poland could also work well, as well as the Baltic countries.

zenrat

Are you going with a silver finish?
Red or a deep Blue would look good with it.

Or Elephants.  Royal Lao Airforce?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

I'm pretty sure I can dig out decals for that kit, if you would want them. Let me know.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

nighthunter

The possibilities are endless, you can even go with Ireland, or a British African Colony, like Rhodesia, or South Africa, or Palestine even
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Caveman

A "never retired" version in a modern scheme?
secretprojects forum migrant

Pellson

Early WW2, Middle East, Indian or African air policing?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Ok I'll chuck in my 2 cents...
What about Australia or New Zealand..now that would be totally wiffed .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Mossie

I was thinking Canada too. They'd be very subtle wiffs with the same roundels but different serials and unit markings, a nice head scratcher.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on January 02, 2022, 10:53:48 AM
Early WW2, Middle East, Indian or African air policing?

There were some that actually were flying duering the Munich Crisis so ended up camouflaged brown/Green on the upper surfaces and with the White wing Black wing identification as well as I have thought about doing one like that.... and not got any further  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

South African Air Force flew camouflaged Furies into the early 1940s.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Looking forward to seeing more Davey ! Sexy little machine there.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?