Royal Hungarian Airforce Dornier Do-23

Started by Bungle, December 31, 2021, 09:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Royal Hungarian Airforce Dornier Do-23

This is the third model I have completed in 2021, the fourth of four I have started. Modelling mojo has been at an all time low and has resulted in me planning to sell off the stash in 2022. Of course arthritis and failing eyesight hasn't helped but my activities now primarily center around getting out of the house.

Anyway this started out as a real world model, the French made Replica resin kit of the Dornier Do-23. It comes with no instructions just a 3 view plan. The resin is like the old time CMK kits where the minor parts are contained in a circle of flash. Sorry no photographs as I had not planned it to be a What-if but then circumstances took their toll. First off most of the fine resin bits just broke apart. The nose was solid and pictures had a glazed nose. The resin wings / fuselage is very heavy, too heavy for the original undercarriage which collapsed and broke. So what makes this What-if ? Well its been tarted up with sparesbox pieces and an undercarriage from an Aero A-300 with aerilons used to make the Undercarriage legs. Then there's the colour scheme .... good old Halfords Ford Highland and Leaf green ! And of course a decision to make this Hungarian.

:banghead: What do you mean the Hungarian's actually flew Do-23's  :wub: Yes after applying decals I was looking to get the radio wires in the right places and on-line found  - the Hungarians  were passed a few at the beginning of WWII by the Germans. Ah such is life.

So here it is the Dornier Do-23.....

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

PR19_Kit

That looks very Heyford-ish, but there's nothing wrong with that.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 31, 2021, 11:37:11 AM
That looks very Heyford-ish, but there's nothing wrong with that.  :thumbsup:

You stole what I wanted to write! :banghead:
Very good build, I am liking early monoplanes more and more.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Nice job! :thumbsup:

Did the Hungarians have that particular aircraft in their inventory? :-\ No? :unsure: Then it's still a whif! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Very nice build  :thumbsup:
Is it just me or does that have a slight O400 look about it  :unsure: :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn Gilbertson