Junkers Ju-188 W-2

Started by TomZ, December 29, 2021, 11:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Junkers Ju-188 W-2

In 1941 the Heinkel He-115 serving with the Luftwaffe was showing its age. Introduced in 1939 the He-115 was too slow and lightly armed to survive in a hostile environment. The Luftwaffe starting searching for a replacement and the Junkers factory offered to convert the new Ju-188 bomber to a seaplane.

The first Ju-188 flew in January 1942 and a batch of 48 aircraft were ordered, which were delivered from August 1942. Although faster than the He-115, the Ju-188W was still not very high with 412 km/h and the aircraft fared little better than its predecessor. Total production of the Ju-188W was 63 aircraft.

Model: 1/72 Italeri Ju-188, floats from Revell He-115

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Wardukw

A 188 on floats ??? Ohhh hell yeah   ;D ;D ;
Tom mate you nailed this one..top marks bud  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Now that's come out very well  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Noice.

I have a Do.17 earmarked for similar treatment.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Oh, I like that.  :lol: Even though the floats could have ended up a bit further ahead, with the engines more or less above their center.

AndrewF

Simple but effective. Looks great.

63cpe

Nice! very well done! :thumbsup:

David aka 63cpe

Doug K