My Library just grew again......... 2022 edition

Started by Rheged, December 29, 2021, 07:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Here it is, fellow Whiffers.............a pristine new thread in which you may gloat over the latest additions to your library  throughout 2022.  Please use this  after midnight on 31st December 2021.  I've set it up a couple of days early, as circumstances may prevent it being created nearer the due date.

Chris, please would you be so kind as to do your usual thing and pin this thread?    Thank you.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Rheged

Hurrah! Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for that which was borrowed has been returned..............18 months ago, I loaned out my copies of R V Jones  Most Secret War  and Alfred Price   Instruments of Darkness.    Today they have been returned, with an apologetic note that sundry lockdowns, a broken leg and lastly a dose of covid   had prevented their return sooner.     I was contemplating having to buy new copies because I thought that I'd lost them for good.

I'm particularly pleased to get the R V Jones back, as it's a signed copy, given to Madame R when she was still in Aberdeen, doing  postgrad research.   Jones  was her head of department   and the book is signed  "To Miss MacAllister and her young man,  whose non-standard approach to problems mirrors my own      Best Wishes  Prof Jones."      You will no doubt appreciate why this volume is so valuable to us both.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Arrived today

Crowood Aviation Series  Hawker Typhoon, Tempest and Sea Fury

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Leading Observer

Arrived today from Amazon:
American Secret Projects 4: Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945=1974 by Tony Buttler
French Secret Projects 3: French and European Spaceplane Designs 1964-1994 by J.C. Carbonel
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Gondor

Recent Amazon purchase arrived today

Middle East @ War Series.
           Number 38, Bombers at Suez. The RAF Bombing Campaign Duerung The Suez War, 1956

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Received today

Warpaint No. 45 Martin B-57 Canberra

Gondor

jcf

Griffith Borgeson's tome on Errett Lobban Cord, slip-cased, pages are US ledger 11" X 17".
Originally published in 2003 at $198, book is NOS and it was $44.95 with free shipping in
the Continental US from the folks at Auburn Speedsters.com.
http://auburnspeedsters.com/

Nick

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on January 13, 2022, 04:38:51 PM
Griffith Borgeson's tome on Errett Lobban Cord, slip-cased, pages are US ledger 11" X 17".
Originally published in 2003 at $198, book is NOS and it was $44.95 with free shipping in
the Continental US from the folks at Auburn Speedsters.com.
http://auburnspeedsters.com/

Now that looks superb, almost as good as the cars they built!

You snagged a good bargain there too. Those 'coffee table' style books often hold their prices for a long time.

zenrat

Good score
:thumbsup:
The chocolate-orange roadster is gorgeous.

Do you read "coffee table" books like you would a novel?  I do but when I do Mrs z says "you are not supposed to actually read them.  You are just supposed to dip into them."
Doesn't stop me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 08, 2022, 09:56:21 AM
Arrived today from Amazon:
American Secret Projects 4: Bombers, Attack and Anti-Submarine Aircraft 1945=1974 by Tony Buttler
French Secret Projects 3: French and European Spaceplane Designs 1964-1994 by J.C. Carbonel

Received those titles today from my LBS.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 14, 2022, 02:24:09 AM

Good score
:thumbsup:
The chocolate-orange roadster is gorgeous.

Do you read "coffee table" books like you would a novel?  I do but when I do Mrs z says "you are not supposed to actually read them.  You are just supposed to dip into them."
Doesn't stop me.

Agree 100%.  :thumbsup:

I have two of Sony Levi's books on his powerboat designs and they're of a similar format, but I read them cover to cover, like a novel.  ;D

They also cost a FORTUNE!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

One of my retirement presents was a two volume work on Napoleon's Grand Armee's Uniforms. Basically a collection of superb colour plates. Been through them from cover to cover  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.