Dasso Phalkonn 110 (finished page 3)

Started by Tophe, December 18, 2021, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

A dear friend asked me what model I would like to receive for Christmas, and I received it today in my mail box! ;D
MikroMir Falcon 10/100 scale 1/144 (with two fuselages for 10 & 100)
The goal of mine will be a little different from RW:

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/phalkonn110.jpg
The parcel is under the Christmas tree, starting to build this may start December 25th or 26th. <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

Great, Can't wait to see the result!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Tophe

Thanks! I hope you will not be (too much) disappointed... ;)
my skills are a million times lower than yours :-\ :unsure:

TomZ

Quote from: Tophe on December 18, 2021, 05:33:01 AM
Thanks! I hope you will not be (too much) disappointed... ;)
my skills are a million times lower than yours :-\ :unsure:

Don't put yourself down Tophe!
I can never begin to achieve the levels of imagination you put into your models.

TomZ

Tophe

Thanks a lot, while... uh, « imagination » may be called craziness by "serious" people. :-\ ;)

Ahem, maybe I should explain my position: for decades, like every modeler, my ideal goal was perfection (the way you do, and most of us here) but... I was finishing absolutely nothing, never "good enough", forever to improve again and again. And after these many years of "nothing achieved", I decided to finish models accepting strong imperfection, no problem as finishing somehow is better than not finishing (I decided so). This has changed my life and made me the modeler I am now. Dreaming a lot, making very imperfectly.
Thanks for your indulgence here, years ago I have run away from French forums, always blaming imperfection, condemning.

TomZ

Quote from: Tophe on December 18, 2021, 11:28:42 PM
finishing somehow is better than not finishing (I decided so). This has changed my life and made me the modeler I am now. Dreaming a lot, making very imperfectly.

I cannot agree more. The most important rule of building models is to have FUN!

TomZ

kitbasher

Quote from: TomZ on December 19, 2021, 04:01:38 AM
finishing somehow is better than not finishing (I decided so). This has changed my life and made me the modeler I am now. Dreaming a lot, making very imperfectly.

TomZ

Exactly, Tom.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on December 19, 2021, 04:01:38 AM

TomZ

Absolutely, that's what it's all supposed to be about. Some people have forgotten that  :-\ Not on here I'm very glad to say though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I think it was Voltaire that said "Perfection is the enemy of good" or something to that effect. Meaning just as you said, trying to reach perfection prevents you from making something that's good. Yours are great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks to all! <_<
Now waiting Christmas day to start actually this model... soon. ;)

Wardukw

Tophe is not the only modeler to suffer this problem..so many of them build models to please other people and not themselves..ive always built for myself and if other folks like them then fine buy if not i dont care.
Tom is bang on the money with building for fun and thats the second reason i joined this site..pure fun with a group of fellow nutters whos ideas of building are the same as mine..not surrounded by rivet counters who pick and prod your work..those people really like to take the fun out of building .
Remember Tophe mate what ever nut bar ideas you want to build we want you to build..your designs are amazing and your imagination is far above alot of us ..myself included ..hell its our imaginations that brought us all here because building the norm kills imaginations..building what we build opens imaginations .
Also think about this my French matey..who else can build ten models from five models ..we can..a crap load of other modellers cant.
Its our models which have taken model building to a whole new level and that's something seriously cool.
In my opinion we're elites..we build from thoughts ..not boxes...you all know what i mean  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Thanks a lot for these great words! ;D
If ever I am accused (of "fake model") up to tribunal, I will choose you as advocate... ;)

Wardukw

Hahahahaha ..you got it matey and it will be pro bono too  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Last night, December 24th, it seems a visitor came secretly (I was sleeping)... but nothing was robbed, and he even left a model kit, thanks Santa Claus! ;) (thanks to my friend John)...
I knew this kit included 2 fuselages (for Falcon 10 & 100, to be zwillinged in my 110) but it seems this is a complete 2 planes in 1 kit, so 4 half wings and 4 jet engines. Thus I am happy this will be a tandem wing 4-jet Phalkonn 110, at last, VERY what-if ;)

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/IMG_5164_ph110.jpg

Tophe

Here is an update of the Phalkonn 110 project, as 110B: <_<

= link http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/phalkonn110b.jpg