Wangartatta W1-A Wahine - Red Chinese Air Force 1947.

Started by zenrat, December 05, 2021, 03:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Wangartatta W1-A Wahine - Red Chinese Air Force 1948.

Mitsubishi Raiden - 11 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As part of their reparations following the Japanese defeat in 1947 the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria took the plans, tooling, and where they were still intact the complete production lines of numerous vehicles including aircraft.

Mitsubishi Raiden - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The production line for the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden was transferred whole to the central Victorian town of Wangaratta with production commencing in 1948.  The aircraft produced was renamed the Wangaratta W1-A Wahine with production being slated for provision to those engaged in the struggle to raise the scarlett standard high.

Mitsubishi Raiden - 13 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The pictured aircraft was used by the Chinese Red Air Force as a night fighter.  It saw action against nationalist night raiders operating with the Wuhan Bats squadron whose stated mission was to make cowards flinch and traitors sneer and keep the Wangaratta Wahine flying here.

Mitsubishi Raiden - 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.

Hasegawa Mitsubishi J2M Raiden built OOB. It's a nice kit and if I can get my grubby paws on another example i'll have a second go at an NMF finished example.
Aftermarket transfers from I forget where.

Mitsubishi Raiden - 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2021, 03:50:24 AM
It saw action against nationalist night raiders operating with the Wuhan Bats squadron whose stated mission was to make cowards flinch and traitors sneer...

:lol:

l wonder what the Peking Pangolins flew?
Whatever.

KiwiZac

Nice work Fred, and a fun backstory too! I love that Wangaratta was the town of choice given the modern-day warbird restoration work being done there.

Where did you get the name from? Wahine is Maori for woman - coincidence?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

I agree with Zac Fred..its a cool back story and a interesting twist ..aint it cool when they tie together so nicely   ;D
Great work on the plane to mate.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Nice one.
:thumbsup:
If only the kit was Matchbox, so we had the oblique reference to Captain Matchbox Whoopee band as well.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 05, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Nice one.
If only the kit was Matchbox, so we had the oblique reference to Captain Matchbox Whoopee band as well.

Not so oblique.  Mrs z had been listening to My Canary has Circles under His Eyes earlier in the day which brought the band to mind when I was writing my very quick backstory last night just before going to bed.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Captain-Matchbox-Whoopee-Band/Wangaratta-Wahine

https://youtu.be/zu7ESAmQWJM

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on December 06, 2021, 02:15:42 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on December 05, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Nice one.

Not so oblique.  Mrs z had been listening to My Canary has Circles under His Eyes earlier in the day which brought the band to mind when I was writing my very quick backstory last night just before going to bed.

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Captain-Matchbox-Whoopee-Band/Wangaratta-Wahine

https://youtu.be/zu7ESAmQWJM

Classic of the genre.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Old Wombat

Ah, yes, 1974; everyone on stage (& off) stoned to some level.

..... Well, not me, obviously, I was only 12. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 06, 2021, 06:09:11 AM

and I was a married man  :angel:

Nice one Fred  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

PR19_Kit

Well I certainly wasn't, I was trying to break the UK Railway Speed Record.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2021, 09:34:22 AM

Well I certainly wasn't, I was trying to break the UK Railway Speed Record.

I was trying to persuade a group of revolting 11 year olds that learning to read was a good idea.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Fred

Wardukw

I turned 6 in 74 and got my first motor bike  ;D and very shortly afterwards my first crash  :lol: :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .