Tupolegg Tu-177

Started by zenrat, December 05, 2021, 03:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

TheTupolegg Tu-177 was a Soviet medium bomber back engineered from captured Heinkels.
Engine fires were avoided by only operating during the depths of the icy Russian winters.
It was not a success.

Tupolegg Tu-177 - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Tupolegg Tu-177 - 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Tupolegg Tu-177 - 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Tupolegg Tu-177 - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The model is a Meng Heinkel He-177 Eggplane.
It is built OOB apart from deleting the second dorsal turret and the anti-ship missiles.

Tupolegg Tu-177 - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Obviously someone screwed up on the measurements! ;)

:thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, a TOTAL Hoot Fred. Great job.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

"Cute" is probably not the right word, but I like it. And a He177 in USSR colors looks disturbingly natural, even in SD mode.  :o

Tophe

Lovely egg silhouette, and nicely built, congratulations! :thumbsup: and even  :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Nice job!
Let's see, German to Russian, can't blame English to metric conversion. Maybe too much vodka!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

KiwiZac

I love it! Just inspired!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

Christ thats funny  ;D  ;D  :wacko:
Love it Fred  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Flyer

Not usually much of a fan of eggplanes, but this one looks less egg and more plane.  :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Thanks folks.

This kit comes with three Anti-Ship missiles.  They are becoming the basis of early Soviet AAMs for the Lavochkin La200b.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: kerick on December 05, 2021, 11:07:58 AM
Nice job!
Let's see, German to Russian, can't blame English to metric conversion. Maybe too much vodka!

Yup, the Germans used the metric system, as did the Soviet Union, but the Soviets had only standardised on the metric system in 1925, older aircraft engineers, under the influence of vodka, accidentally converted some metric measurements into ли́ния (liniya) instead of cm. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I like that. ;D

I didn't realise just how many kits were available in the genre until I some of the ones on sale at the show yesterday.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Meng also do B17, B24, Tu2 and Lanc but I think I prefer smaller egg planes TBH.
Although the Meng C17 is suitably eggy.

I have a Meng J-15 and a pair of NotHasegawa Starfighters in the Egg stash as well as a heap of Hasegawa eggs. 
Fred