Horten Ho-XVIII

Started by TomZ, November 29, 2021, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Horten Ho-XVIII

Here is my finished Sharkit Ho-XVIII model. No inspiration for a back story at the moment, so just the pictures for now.

It's a very large aircraft. Some pictures with a Ho-IX for scale.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

Oooooooooooohhhh, LOVELY long wings!  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Very smart - and you're ramping up your build rate, Tom, aren't you!  Putting most of the rest of us to shame!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I had one. It's not an easy build...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Beautiful Tom..wonderful build mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Like a huge boomerang.

Very good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stan in YUL

63cpe

Lovely model and great paint job. Congrats! very well done. :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Quote from: kitbasher on November 29, 2021, 02:40:08 PM
Very smart - and you're ramping up your build rate, Tom, aren't you!  Putting most of the rest of us to shame!

Tom builds in the winter, then paints everything in the summer. So this is a year's production getting finished...

:thumbsup:

buzzbomb

Big sucker... really nice work

Glenn Gilbertson

TomZ

Quote from: Hobbes on November 30, 2021, 12:22:37 PM
Tom builds in the winter, then paints everything in the summer. So this is a year's production getting finished...

Correct, I still have a few to finish. And I've started on next years' batch......

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Now, where are those Victor wings...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..