Harrier 'jumping frog'.

Started by drmrhonda580, November 10, 2021, 12:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmrhonda580

I'm currently & very slowly building a frogspawn harrier with su-25 'frogfoot wings as a dedicated co-in platform. Su-25 wings are a real good match to the harrier, along with gr9 tail fin & f-100d tail wings. also it's got a raised cockpit, one piece canopy, 2x 25mm cannons, gr9 nozzles, frp , laser nose & twin rear underfins. I will upload pics at some stage if anyone's interested.
has this been done before ??

Regards to all, Dave

kerick

It sounds very interesting! Can't wait to see your pics!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Dave do it ..do it Dave..pics mate ..cant wait to see this thing..this is right up my alley..mutated to buggery  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

drmrhonda580

Tophe

Good project! :thumbsup:
For pictures, I use Imgur (Photobucket is no more free)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

I've put Harrier wings on a Starfighter but not rewinged a Harrier...

...yet.

This sounds good.  Can't wait to see it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

drmrhonda580

Hi all, still can't figure out how to copy pics from my picture files to here. Tried copy/paste x, insert image icon x. Help !

PR19_Kit

There's a whole thread on how to do it somewhere on here, but the basic premise is as below.

1) Save your pics to an image hosting site like Imagur, Flickr or ImageShack, preferably one that doesn't charge you a fortune to do it.

Note that you can't connect to images stored on your own PC, it has to be on a remote site.

2) Select the pic you want from the hosting site and get the 'direct' connection link from there.

3) Copy and paste that link into your thread here, and highlight the entire posted link.

4) Then click on the 'Insert Image' icon above, that's the first one at the left hand end of the second row, immediately under the B for 'Bold'.

If you then select 'Preview' from below your thread (bottom right' you'll be able to see how it all looks. Note that it's best to post smaller size images, below 1000 pixels wide if possible, as otherwise they'll be larger than most viewer's screens!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

I used to use photobucket but for some time now I've used flickr. It's pretty easy. Once you upload your photos to Flickr just pick the photo you want to insert into whatifmodelers, click the share button, choose the "BBCode", then copy it and paste it into your post. That always works for me. Then as PR19_kit says, go to preview to check it out. Using BBCode on Flickr has all that "[url=https" stuff in it already so saves a step.

Zenrat,
Harrier wings on a Starfighter? I've never even imagined that! Any pics or link to that?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Im the same as kerick here..was on photobucket for yrs ..i had more then 3000 pics there ..then my boom moment and found out that bucket now charge ya for it.
Dave mate im with Flickr now too and its dead easy..you can chuck up to 2500 pics for free ..if ya have any problems with flickr their support staff are great too.
Its the way to go Dave  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

I still use Photobucket. I had a good annual deal running when they went through their "convolutions" which they kept to. By the time they'd sorted themselves out (I think they went through 2 ownerships in 6 months ?) their pricing was quite reasonable I thought, so I stayed. Since then they've updated their system and posting pictures on here now is so "easy peasy" that even I can deal with it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

drmrhonda580

Hi all, thanks for the advice, I will try flikr over the next day or so.

Tophe

I saw them, and they are good! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Yup thats cool ..trying to pfigure out your landing gear..id use the out riggers from the harriers wings and graft them onto the 25's wings  :thumbsup: