T-17 Granite Assault Tank

Started by Wardukw, November 02, 2021, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

The T-17 Granite Assault Tank was brought about by a series of problems which arose from the Northern pirate guilds... this organization grew at a rapid rate in the late 20th century in northern Europe.
Their attacks on small towns escalated from the small to the large in less than two years,,the best information we can gather is they are trying to build their own nation at the cost of thousands of innocent lives .
In the area they chose to live was what would be considered an absolute nightmare ,,swamps and marsh lands making the movement of armoured vehicle's damn near impossible.
Their defensive abilities are a very serious concern as their anti air craft systems are vast and varied ..air assaults have proven to be extremely difficult.

The mountains and valleys ,combined with low cloud dew to the make up of the area have made this task nearly impossible so the only option is ground assault .

The T-17 started life as most tanks do ,,single track ,single turret and a normal crew of 4,,with this war ,,which many describe it to be now.. this weapon needed to be made as normal tanks were having a nightmare when they were being assaulted from so many directions at once ,,so it was thought that many more guns would have solve this problem .
Armed with LPA ( Liquid  Propelled Ammunition ) guns space becomes less of a concern as the guns main rounds are inside a closed container which holds the round and the primer for the firing system .
The guns operate by having an explosive liquad pumped into the gun which is mixed to the correct amount and then detonated in the gun to fire the round.
The main gun is a 75mm Hyper velocity anti tank gun mounted in a side sponsion which in itself is not the best idea but the one the works for now ,,other vehicles are being designed as we speck.
The turrets main gun is a low pressure gun used primarily as a anti personnel gun firing canister and high explosive rounds .
There is two 10mm machines gun located in the lower front hull fired by the driver .
The commander has is own smaller turret which a heavy version of the MattsGuy 10mm universal machine gun system.
Some people have mentioned the strange layout of this tank who are not familiar with it,,,this layout was used right from the very start of the design as the Hyper Velocity gun has a rather serious recoil and when using a full LP charge is has broken its test mounts so it was felt that a twin track layout would fix these issues and it has as the armour was already extremely thick.
Its combat history is long and here is not the place to write about it as this information is easy to find in the great halls of our history .

Ok guys heres a new one and to be honest i had no idea where this was going..i just started to look at this M3 Grant from tamiya ,,made in 1974,, and see where my mind would take me ,,,then i looked in a parts box as i knew i had more Sherman bits in there and there i found six complete suspension units ,,found some spare drive sprockets ,,ok you dudes already know where im going here and many thanks to my mate Guy for the idea from his two armed twin tracked beast  :thumbsup:

Righto then ..its pics time and heres a few and trust me what you see here is not even close to what this is going to look like ,,the ideas are flowing now i can tell ya . 
DSCF3009 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3010 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3014 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3013 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3012 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF3011 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Thats it for now ..its getting close to cutting time ,,there still some hacking i have to do to this thing yet ..you'll see  ;D

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

And here was me thinking I was crazy! ;D ;D ;D

Looks like this is going to be one wild, wild ride, bro! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Gonna name it "Lulubelle"?

I know it's Whiffworld, but that long barrel sponson gun looks like its going to dig in in terrain.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Crazy is just a matter of intelligence Guy  ;D
The nutter the better here in wiffy world and things have happened on this thing today..was having a problem with the armour for the sides and front and then it clicked idea wise and this is now really going look right for its intended job.
Scooter mate have no fear ..the main guns elevation is alot more than you might think and theres a complete gun inthis model to..not just a barrel..hell you could almost  use this for artillery  :lol:
Ill figure out the degrees for elevation and depression tomorrow .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 03, 2021, 02:45:27 AM
Crazy is just a matter of intelligence Guy  ;D
The nutter the better here in wiffy world and things have happened on this thing today..was having a problem with the armour for the sides and front and then it clicked idea wise and this is now really going look right for its intended job.
Scooter mate have no fear ..the main guns elevation is alot more than you might think and theres a complete gun inthis model to..not just a barrel..hell you could almost  use this for artillery  :lol:
Ill figure out the degrees for elevation and depression tomorrow .

i dont know what you are drinking mate but i want some

cant wait to see where this is going
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Wardukw

Crude mate you aint going to need to wait long ..im already changing it again.
I was looking at the bulk of this thing and wasnt happy with the size of the main gun..it didnt balance right..size versus size.. its gotta look right..so thats now changed.
This thing is ment to be very powerful and now it looks like it is.  ;D

buzzbomb

Honking big guns and lots of them ;D As you say the long 75mm did not really sit right, so interested to see the alternative.

Outrigger track runs to fix the potential lateral stability :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Bingo bango buzzy mate ..you couldnt be more right..much lower ground pressure too.
The new gun once i modify it will look so much better  ;D

Joe C-P

There's what-if, and then there's what-the?   :wub:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Wardukw

Right slight update time...the original  main gun is gone and the new one is installed..much bigger .
The turret has been modified and the new sub turret is test fitted ...side armour is almost complete and as always the plans changing as im building this thing .
Its getting pretty close to the point where the finer detailing begins ..head lights..grab handles ..etc
Oh its getting AFV Club T48 tracks too.

Old Wombat

So far I've started off with a mental image of what you're going to build &, after your build process, something completely different appears on the screen ... :o

I love that! ;D :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Thats pretty much exactly what happens when ever i build one of these things..even i dont know where im going most of the time  :o
I just keep going until i get there  ;)

Wardukw

A little update for ya all...its built..pics will follow in a few days.
Ive been building the tracks today..its been raining all day so it was a good way to waste the time away..so far 9 hrs and thats just one set..still another set to go but this set will not take anywhere as long ..no extended end connectors to worry about.
Then the painting starts..still trying to descide what camo im gonna use and to what extent the weathering will go.

Old Wombat

US Tunisian campaign ... or Soviet winter. ;)

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng