Can you help me to identify these figures?

Started by ysi_maniac, October 24, 2021, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Digging in my "strategic material" boxes I found these figures. I only have the bodies, no weaps, no helmet or any other complement.

I think they are Dragon kit. Vietnam era or posterior.

I will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Will die without understanding this world.

Rick Lowe

The plastic colour certainly looks like early DML.
Aside from the strap across the chest, the torsos look a lot like WW2 Germans - the diagonal strap is very reminiscent of that for the gas mask case on old Tamiya figures.
But the (lace up?) boots aren't. Unless it's an Afrika Korps set, and I think they only came out late enough to have used grey styrene.

So probably not a lot of help, but it's an interesting conundrum anyway.

Old Wombat

buzzbomb identified them as Shanghai Dragon's 1/35 World Elite Forces Series: Soviet Spetznaz.

I would add that they're pretty obviously 1980's Afghanistan era.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

D'oh! And I have some of them myself...

I have heard that apparently some of the early Dragon (these included) are closer to 1/32. Just FYI.

Wardukw

I had this set donkeys yrs ago but i remember them being in gray and ive still got the weapons in my weapons box.
Even tho their extremely old the PKM..SVD and AK74s in the kit were pretty good.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 19, 2021, 12:09:40 AM
I had this set donkeys yrs ago but i remember them being in gray and ive still got the weapons in my weapons box.
Even tho their extremely old the PKM..SVD and AK74s in the kit were pretty good.

Yeah, I'm glad they went to grey; the old orange styrene hurts the eyes...

and agree about the weapons.