Currently on the table: Macchi MC400

Started by 63cpe, October 17, 2021, 06:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

What if Macchi turned the MC200 in a two enginged XF-5F inspired fighter?

IMG_20211017_123053706 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20211017_123103169 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20210822_223056260 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20210822_223049367 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David aka 63cpe

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

Interesting!!      It seems to fit the description given of a Beaufighter  "Two ruddy great engines hotly pursued by an aircraft"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TomZ

Looks a bit like the IMAM Ro-57:

I like it.

Tom
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kerick

This is an excellent concept! I'll be watching for more!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

stevehed

Tophe

Oh, I had not seen this (very) interesting topic!
Wow, great project! and beautiful moreover! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Ive always liked twin engined WW2 aircraft..my fav Junkers 88 ..this is looking very cool..ill be keeping track of this  :thumbsup:   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very nice. But IMHO the fuselage needs a bit of an extension, or the wing span is rather wide?  :o
Frequent design trouble when you add an engine and move them to the wings, similar to a BF 109 I turned into something similar some time ago.

AndrewF

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 21, 2021, 01:50:56 AM
That's looking very nice. But IMHO the fuselage needs a bit of an extension, or the wing span is rather wide?  :o
Frequent design trouble when you add an engine and move them to the wings, similar to a BF 109 I turned into something similar some time ago.

Yes, same thoughts - I think you could reduce the wingspan a bit. But it's a great start.

comrade harps

Whatever.

zenrat

Quote from: AndrewF on October 21, 2021, 02:08:27 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 21, 2021, 01:50:56 AM

Yes, same thoughts - I think you could reduce the wingspan a bit. But it's a great start.

I disagree.  I think that it is a perfectly proportioned package.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..