English Electric P.8 - V5.0

Started by The Wooksta!, September 20, 2021, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I'd ordered a second nose section with V2.0, intending to do it as one of those museum cockpit sections, but then obtained some more spare bits, enough to cobble together a full fuselage, although the wings had to come from elsewhere.  So that's this thread.

Cleaned up parts, although the wheel well bay section needs the support resin sanded off.  This is the worst piece of the kit and does take considerable sanding.

And the extras.  I'm still undecided to the fin fit for reasons explained in my recent blog post.  It really depends how the fuselage looks when it's filled and primed.

And now together.  The rear section I'd made somewhat of a faux pas when fitting it, so it had to be removed and refitted.  There's a few other glitches and hopefully I can hide them. 

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Lost Cosmonauts

Ah, you've correctly identified why that wheel bay was in the scraps box

Great progress!
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

NARSES2

Some great progress with these projects Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Progress!

The wings are on, as is the tail bumper, but I need to sort out the canopy glazing a la V2.0.  That one was going to be XR770/AA of 5 Sqn, with the red fin and wing leading edges, but this may be a better option as the panel lines on the wing will help with the masking.  I hope.

Bit blurry, battery was running down.  My excuse anyway...

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

The color of those wings makes me think of Bakelite or something similar.

The model looks good though Lee  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Ex-Novo wings bought about 30 years ago.  They always did come in decidedly micey colours.  I got a Sea Hawk once in a virulent yellow and I've an F82 in almost PRU Pink.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: