VG Lightnings WIP

Started by The Wooksta!, September 04, 2021, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Couple of shots of the two VG lightnings on the go.

Single seater.
An F1 repurposed as the Vickers Type 588.  I've some P1B decals that are providing a serial.

Reworked ancient Airfix F3 with resin wings gifted some years back by TsrJoe.  Just needs a new coat of aluminium and I can get the decals on.  It's going to be an in flight model - no u/c bays - so there's a pilot going in for a change.

And the two seater, which is a lot more speculative.
Cobbled together from gash bits and the contents of the Lightning scrap box, this is a fictional VG T4.  Final Touch resin fuselage, wings gifted TsrJoe again, fin from the Sword T4 and tailplanes (not attached when the photo was taken) from the scrap bin.  It's going with the Empire Test Pilots School in a colourful scheme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tophe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2021, 03:11:01 PM
It's going to be an in flight model - no u/c bays - so there's a pilot going in for a change.
In the whif world, an in flight model does not need a pilot inside, mental force is enough from a distance.
(In RW, there are also remotely controlled planes flying without anybody inside, even with a clear canopy) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

DogfighterZen

Although i'm not a huge fan of the Lightning, i do find these VG wing variants more attractive. The single seater is my favorite and it's making me want to build one. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

I've given the single seater a respray and it's shown up a load of flaws at the wingroot.  Sanded, filled and resprayed again and still more flaws.  Hmmmn  One more bash and that's enough.

Photos later if I have time.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Single seater in it's new coat.

Doesn't look too bad here.

Underside.  There's a seam I can't manage to fill.

And the T-Bird.  Not done much, other than fit the tailplanes and fill the gap.  I know, it's an all moving tailplane and thus shouldn't be filled but the gap was considerable as the master is based on the Martchbox T55 and I was using Novo F6 tailplanes. Not quite so blurry here.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

All your current projects are coming along very nicely Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

Nice work on this multimedia project

DogfighterZen

That is looking very good! The angle on that last pic really shows how good it looks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

You can hide a lot with a photo.  The T-bird is basically bits that would otherwise end up being binned as they're not the best.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 08, 2021, 03:25:15 PM
You can hide a lot with a photo.  The T-bird is basically bits that would otherwise end up being binned as they're not the best.

I think you've made good use of those bits, even if their quality isn't great.  :thumbsup:
I said i'm not a big fan of the Lightning but in fact, the only thing that puts me off is the belly tank but i also know it was really necessary. I like the rest of the design but with the VG wings i think they look really good. Your builds are making me wanna build one, that's for sure. Looking forward to see them both finished. :thumbsup: