"Because we were upturned"

Started by Devilfish, August 26, 2021, 03:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

Top Shot is a 1985 British film about RAF fighter pilot Flt Lt Peter Mitchell, and his struggle against his past.

In the opening sequences of the movie, we are treated to one of the classic all time scenes, where Mitchell, and his Navigator,  Fg Off Nicolas Bradshaw were in a stand-off in the Persian Gulf with several Mig 26 fighters.

Unable to engage, Mitchell decides to "play" with the opposing aircraft.  As the last Mig tries to dive away, Mitchell turned his Tornado F.3 over and shadowed his prey.

Bradshaw, sat in the back, unable to participate, takes out his note book and scribbles a note on it....

20210826_112608 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20210826_112557 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20210826_112619 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20210826_112635 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20210826_112652 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20210826_112740 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

:thumbsup:
Is this a British remake of Top Gun? <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Rheged

Ah, yes, the famous British sense of humour..........
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Tophe

Quote from: Devilfish on August 26, 2021, 03:56:22 AM
Top Shot is a 1985 British film about RAF fighter pilot Flt Lt Peter Mitchell, and his struggle against his past.
Wikipedia (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gun_(film) ) tells me Top Gun is a 1986 American film (after 1985!). So the copy is US and all congratulations must be directed to UK! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Showed it to SWMBO, who's a Top Gun fan.  She's also  :thumbsup:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

👍🤣 :wacko:
Wasn't there a real pic of someone holding up a sign like that only right side up?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

philp

Nice alternate world build.  I love them.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

AeroplaneDriver

LOVE the song from that film!!   "Motorway To the Dodgy Bit". 

Excellent whiffery.   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

Yes, it was a Tornado making a high speed pass through some hills. I don't think it was the Mach loop.

https://www.bbc.com/news/10412257
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise