Gannet Scale Models

Started by Mossie, August 11, 2021, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Gannet Scale Models is a company selling 3D printed resin models, run by Lost Cosmonauts who is a forum member.

There's a a selling page on Numonday.  Currently available products include a Miles M.52,  the radio controlled M.52 rockets that were tested from Mosquitos and an Apollo capsule. All in 1/72.
https://www.numonday.com/shop/gannet-scale-models-store/

Heres the list of forthcoming releases from the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/GannetScaleModels/

English Electric P.8 1/72
Armstrong Whitworth AW.58 swept wing version
Saunders Roe P.187
Armstrong Whitworth AW.58 delta wing Sapphire engined version
Fairey Delta III or Fairey Large to F.155 requirement
De Havilland DH.117
Blackburn P.139

Plans for 2022 include: Vickers Type 582, 2 RAE Proposals for Mach 2 interceptors from their 1952 report An Investigation into an Aircraft to Fly at a Mach Number of 2, Aero. 2462, DeHavilland Swallow
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Lost Cosmonauts

Thanks! Am looking for a volunteer to build up the first print of the swept wing Armstrong Whitworth AW.58 and give feedback

Having moved house recently and mired in renovations I don't have my model making bench or materials so have to inflict my prototypes on other people. Anyone want a free kit in return for your feedback and photos?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 11, 2021, 08:18:39 AM
Thanks! Am looking for a volunteer to build up the first print of the swept wing Armstrong Whitworth AW.58 and give feedback

Having moved house recently and mired in renovations I don't have my model making bench or materials so have to inflict my prototypes on other people. Anyone want a free kit in return for your feedback and photos?

one volunteer here
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

rickshaw

Another volunteer here.  PM me for my snail mail address. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitbasher

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 11, 2021, 08:18:39 AM

Would love to but doubt I could do it justice.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: crudebuteffective on August 11, 2021, 09:06:39 AM

one volunteer here

All yours - heading your way today

Quote from: rickshaw on August 11, 2021, 10:18:43 PM

Fancy the next one? It might be a bit of a monster

Quote from: kitbasher on August 12, 2021, 12:36:20 AM

Happily let you have a crack at one if you like - my aim is that folks shouldn't be too daunted by them. If there is something that poses too much of a problem then that is an opportunity for me to make improvements
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Mossie

I'll raise my hand for the monster!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scotaidh

Ooh - yes, please!  If you don't have enough volunteers at this point, why yes, I'd love to give that gorgeous girl a go!

:wub:

:)

I live in the US, though, so if that's too $$ for the postage & etc, I'll understand. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Pellson

I'm awfully impressed by the subjects and everything, but as my experience with all resin kits is limited to a few Anigrand kits, I think some of the more experienced chaps here would be better test pilots.

That aside - I'm still really, really tempted by the FD3.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 12, 2021, 01:10:25 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on August 12, 2021, 12:36:20 AM

Happily let you have a crack at one if you like - my aim is that folks shouldn't be too daunted by them. If there is something that poses too much of a problem then that is an opportunity for me to make improvements

I may put my hand up for the delta-wing AW.58!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

rickshaw

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on August 12, 2021, 01:10:25 AM

Fancy the next one? It might be a bit of a monster

LOVE IT!  It is one I've been interested in a long, long, time... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

That Saunders-Roe machine has to be the BIGGEST ever proposal for an RAF 'fighter'!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 12, 2021, 05:58:38 AM
That Saunders-Roe machine has to be the BIGGEST ever proposal for an RAF 'fighter'!  :o :o

Thunderbird 2.

Mossie

Kit, it's slightly smaller (talking inches) then some of the other F.155T proposals but it was certainly heavier and bulkier.

I've mentioned it before but I've got this image in my mind of it slowly building speed down the runway, then leaping into the air as the four rockets were lit. I believe the standard procedure would be to light the rockets at altitude, either way, it must have been a hell of a kick for the pilot.

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: crudebuteffective on August 11, 2021, 09:06:39 AM
one volunteer here

On the way

Quote from: Scotaidh on August 12, 2021, 01:40:23 AM
Ooh - yes, please!  If you don't have enough volunteers at this point, why yes, I'd love to give that gorgeous girl a go!

:wub:

:)

I live in the US, though, so if that's too $$ for the postage & etc, I'll understand. 

I'm aiming to print locally so I'll see if I can track down a collaborator who would print and distribute these in the US & Australia in return for a royalty on sales. I'd like to try and make the most out of the distributed nature and low retooling costs of 3D printing. Know anyone local to you who might be interested?

Quote from: Mossie on August 12, 2021, 01:29:52 AM
I'll raise my hand for the monster!

I did some work on the undercarriage last night so might have something soon. Are you the UK?

Quote from: Pellson on August 12, 2021, 03:02:27 AM

I'm awfully impressed by the subjects and everything, but as my experience with all resin kits is limited to a few Anigrand kits, I think some of the more experienced chaps here would be better test pilots.

That aside - I'm still really, really tempted by the FD3.  :wub:

Experience schmearience - I've never made a resin kit in my life. My exposure to resin to-date consists of a couple of PJ Productions helicopter crewmen

Quote from: kitbasher on August 12, 2021, 03:45:57 AM
I may put my hand up for the delta-wing AW.58!

Sorry, someone has already made a start on that at https://www.instagram.com/p/CSZ5hFsDU3l/ - can I put you down for the deHavilland DH117?