SA Scale Model Expo 2021

Started by Old Wombat, August 09, 2021, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Direct from the SAPMA website:

QuoteWe're back for 2021!
The SA Scale Model Expo is back on 9 - 10 October 2021 with a new location. We're pleased to announce this year's expo will be held at Cosgrove Hall, 40-50 York Ave, Clovelly Park 5042.
http://expo.saplasticmodellers.com.au/modelexpo.shtml

Flyer: http://expo.saplasticmodellers.com.au/expoinfo/SAPMA%20EXPO%20FLYER.pdf

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now I have to see if there is a hope in Hell of me being able to attend! :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

That'd be nice to go to.
I wonder if we'll be allowed to leave Victoria by then?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Good!  That's just down the road from me.  I'll be going.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Email received today:

QuoteYoda SAPMA Secretary <sapmasecretary@gmail.com>

11:43 (7 hours ago)

to jamie, bcc: me

Entries are now open for SA Scale Model Expo

Dear fellow modeller,

Over the past 18 months there have been various times when lockdowns due to COVID have forced us to stay home and stay safe.

This has meant many of us have had the spare time needed to get stuck into building kits from our stash.

During 2020, it was unfortunately impossible to hold our annual expo, but we're back for 2021 and entries are now open.

This year the expo is at a new location, Cosgrove Hall, 40-50 York Ave, Clovelly Park.

It would be fantastic if we could fill the tables with your lockdown achievements - whether it be those who want to take part in the technical judging or others who just want to display their completed models.

When is the SA Scale Model Expo?

The expo will be held between 9 - 10 October 2021. Click here to download the flyer or visit our expo page

How do you enter?

The easiest way is to click here and complete our online entry form. We also have a manual entry form which can be found here.

Click here to find the full list of categories.

What are the entry fees?

Technically Judged: $3.00 per model
Display Only FREE
Ages 13 & Under FREE
Ages 14 – 17 $1.00 per model
Min. Charge (Adults) $8.00

If you have any questions about the Expo, please contact our expo coordinator on 04xx xxx x86 or email sapmasecretary@gmail.com

We look forward to hopefully seeing you at the expo.

Regards

Alister McDonald

Expo Director

Old Wombat

Looks like I won't be properly attending this year, as I can't get off work for those two days. :banghead:

As the new location's very close to work, I may be able to drop in for about 90 minutes at the end of each day.

So I may put a couple of "Display Only" kits in & I may get some pic's ... but I wouldn't be holding my breath, if I was you lot. :rolleyes:

buzzbomb

Well at least you are getting to have a show :thumbsup:
The Aus Model Expo 2021 was again a Covid Casualty, even after moving he date 4 months later. Here in plague ravaged Victoria the model show scene is pretty dead.

zenrat

It's not dead, it's pining for the fjords.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I'm still waiting, along with thousand's of others, to see what happens with the scheduled Ashes series.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

India womens team are touring at the moment.  It's good to have cricket back on the radio.
Fred

NARSES2

Must admit I do like listening to Test Match Special sitting outside on a nice sunny day  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Work has reared its ugly head even more! I've been moved from Day Shift (7am to 3pm) to Night Shift (11pm to 7am).

Show runs from 9am to 5pm, so won't be able to attend at all. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I need to win the Lotto! :-\