Indian Airforce Mig-31R Cheeta - Done

Started by buzzbomb, July 16, 2021, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

What else to do when the government calls a snap 5(ish) day lockdown ??? Slam out a Quick build.

(I hate doing backstories  :-\ not my thing, but here goes)
In late 2018, the Russian Federation offered up a couple of Mig 31 Foxhound Fighters for evaluation to the Indian Air Force. The Indians decided to purchase them, but rather than use them as a high end interceptor, they opted to fit them out as high performance reconnaissance birds in case of future run ins with their northern neighbour.
Once fitted out these aircraft, proved most satisfactory in providing high performance recon, albeit a bit short on legs

I have this rather ordinary zhengdefu Mig-31 kit as the basis for this build. So, here we go

Tophe

Will there be a prone observer in the nose (with glazed parts)? or just a little camera device somewhere?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 16, 2021, 02:48:40 AM
What else to do when the government calls a snap 5(ish) day lockdown ??? Slam out a Quick build...

I wish.  I still have to go to work and stand in a mostly empty post office.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

Quote from: Tophe on July 16, 2021, 03:29:14 AM
Will there be a prone observer in the nose (with glazed parts)? or just a little camera device somewhere?
No... lots of cameras and sensors

So far the instructions are correct... The Model is much suitable imaginative you to make it and value it ;D

Most of it together... 180 grit time

Another thing I find with these builds of questionably quality kits, is the chance the experiment. I drilled through the landing gear to see if I can get it in take off mode. Less all the flaps and stuff.. that is too hard

Holdy uppy pins in place

Lots more bits on and trying out the pose... so far, so good

Now.. if anybody knows where the second Engine jet pipe went to in  my workshop... please let me know  :banghead:

Tophe

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 16, 2021, 10:55:53 PM
Now.. if anybody knows where the second Engine jet pipe went to in  my workshop... please let me know  :banghead:
Room for 2 jets and a single jet inside: this is very imaginative, very inventive, and asymmetric, very what-if, good! :thumbsup: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gondor

I would have thought that as your work bench is so clean you would have no problem finding it

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

buzzbomb

Quote from: Gondor on July 17, 2021, 03:05:27 AM
I would have thought that as your work bench is so clean you would have no problem finding it
Gondor
Found it !!!!! On an old build, a very old build. Quick removal for this current build

Well there it is. Good as it is going to get.

Raided the spares box for a few Soviet Recce pods and sensor pods. Probaby too many, but it looks cool

Very ordinary kit, but did the job
Base is a quick experiment in Paintshop tying to blur things, ok, but not as good as the commercial jobbies.

McColm

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Don't forget to post pics and backstory in the 'Completed Builds' thread, buzzbomb.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

You finding a replacement for the nozzle on the Orca, BT? :unsure:

Not a Soviet jet fanboy but it looks pretty good. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Glenn Gilbertson