The whif that wasn’t

Started by TomZ, July 12, 2021, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

The whif that wasn't.......

For some years I had the 1/48 Italeri kit of the Fiat CR-42. I wanted to do a whif of the kit and was looking for a good idea on markings. I had seen pictures of captured CR-42s in RAF markings and I got the idea to do one in US markings. I did some research, looked in Tony Butlers War Prizes and did not find any evidence of a CR-42 in US hands.

I started building the model and was about to start painting when I found this on eBay:

So, my whif wasn't a whif at all! I decided to finish the build regardless.

Model: Italeri 1/48 Fiat CR-42

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

63cpe

Ow, such a close call.....nevertheless a beautiful Whif (or not).

You,ve inspired me to do an CR-42 too.

Thanks!
David aka 63cpe

Old Wombat

It's still a great build! :thumbsup:

Sometimes life is as strange, or more so, than fiction. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Reality is sometimes stranger than fiction...  ;)

McColm

zenrat

I like yours better Tom.  It's not as nose heavy...

;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've never heard of one being captured by US forces let alone test flown by them, or was it used as a hack ? Whatever, yours looks very good Tom ?

I now have visions of a CR 42 in full US Navy colours circa 1938/39, but as a Curtis/Brewster/Grumman something or other.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2021, 03:16:32 AM
I like yours better Tom.  It's not as nose heavy...

;)

And they always say "you can't have enough nose weight"  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hotte

The Wooksta!

I have similar issues with a planned RAF Buccaneer S.1 as I've just located a photo of an S.1 serving with the RAF in Germany.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tophe

If Al Capone had been elected President of the USA ("whiskey for everyone!"), Italy and USA would have been very close, making very probable this Italian-American aircraft ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]