Help! What’s on the sprue?

Started by Pellson, April 20, 2021, 06:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Digging through some spares, I came across this. It's a sprue from Revells Tonado GR1 in 1/72. I recognise the Cerberus ECM pod, the BOZ107 chaff/flare pod and the fuel jars, but what are the two pods encircled in red? Anyone knows?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

The top parts, along with a few other bits you don't have highlighted are a Buddy-Buddy refueling pod. The lower parts are for a reconnance pod.
For what goes where look at the instructions on this page.

Hope this helps

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Thanks Alastair. That was very, very helpful indeed  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on April 20, 2021, 01:37:55 PM
Thanks Alastair. That was very, very helpful indeed  :thumbsup:

No problem Pellson, it also means I have refreshed my memory of what they are for.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Dizzyfugu

The Tonka's refueling pod also needs the small propeller, located on the sprue under the pod's halves on the left.  ;)

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 17, 2021, 11:35:04 PM
The Tonka's refueling pod also needs the small propeller, located on the sprue under the pod's halves on the left.  ;)

Yep, I found drawings in the web that pointed towards the small parts as well. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

I just made the link to the instructions that I put in my earlier reply in bold, hopefully I will remember to do the same for other links I put in my replies.

Gondor