VICA - Veterinary Intensive Care Ambulance. - Finished pics page 4

Started by zenrat, April 05, 2021, 03:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

While there is a plethora of emergency medical vehicles for humans our furry, feathered, and scaled friends are ill served when it comes to the rapid despatch of care givers.
I propose rectifying the situation using this 1/24 kit
Subaru Legacy by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Nothing too drastic is planned.  A flashing light, paint, transfers, mildly lowered, some interior detail added, maybe a nudge bar.

I've prepared and primed the body with white primer which due to the dark green plastic has turned a rather pleasant shade of pale green.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Yeah, a Legacy Wagon!  :thumbsup:

I ran one of those for 2.5 yrs, and a cracking car it was too.  ;D (apart from the rubbish auto-box, I should have gone for the manual. :()
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It obviously has a full race spec WRX sti engine but being a kerbside kit I am unable to show that...
:mellow:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

I wouldn't expect anything else, as you're building it.  ;D

Are you sure it doesn't have the even rarer 3.0 litre flat 6 Spec B engine though?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Now this vet thing is a great idea. I've seen several vet vehicles go past over the years, ranging from a massive horsebox truck, big pickups and Land Rovers, down to biker Vets With Horsepower. A good sized estate or wagon is the usual choice.

Out in the bush they go for big offroad trucks with motorbikes attached! https://www.facebook.com/UgandaConservationFoundationUCF/photos/the-vet-response-unit-car-even-has-a-motorbike-on-the-back/3135938219780190

Of course, in Texas everything has to be bigger  :rolleyes:
https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/texas-veterinary-emergency-team-sports-new-disaster-response-truck/

tigercat

Someone is going to call it the Vicar  ;D
Which is a short step to calling it the Ark or something based on St Francis

buzzbomb

Nick

Quote from: tigercat on April 05, 2021, 02:23:06 PM
Someone is going to call it the Vicar  ;D
Which is a short step to calling it the Ark or something based on St Francis

Sounds like a British artillery piece from the Bishop/Sexton/Abbot SPG family.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 05, 2021, 05:43:53 AM
I wouldn't expect anything else, as you're building it.  ;D

Are you sure it doesn't have the even rarer 3.0 litre flat 6 Spec B engine though?

Now that would be ridiculous Kit.  How would a box of injured puppies, close to death from cuteness overdose, be able to cope with the G-forces generated by such a power plant?

Fred

Hobbes

An ambulance especially for Lord Vetinari?  :wacko:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

Would that be veterinary ?

Sorry, mrs kitnut works at a vet clinic and she was just watching over my shoulder and mentioned it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 06, 2021, 07:01:35 AM

Sorry, mrs kitnut works at a vet clinic and she was just watching over my shoulder and mentioned it.

No, it'd be Lord Vetinari a.k.a.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 06, 2021, 07:01:35 AM

Please thank Mrs Kitnut.  I had a feelling I had spellt it rong but couldn't be bothered to check.
Fred