Group Build 2021/2022 First Poll

Started by NARSES2, March 27, 2021, 07:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round One of the 2021/2022 GB Subject Poll - pick up to 15 for entry into Round 2

Under the Black Flag - Pirates, Buccaneers and Smugglers
Comic Book - Characters, plots etc
Sub Zero - Arctic, Antarctic, Frozen World etc
Recce and surveillance
Piston Perfect
Logistics, Oversize loads, history of the truck etc
WWII Gunships
Military Railways
40th Anniversary of the Falklands Conflict
By the Book - a wiff from a book
You choose for me
Anything but Aircraft
V-Bombers
Bad Kit/Old Kit
Aircraft engine in a car or truck
Bloody ridiculous, also known as the it will never work GB
The Spanish Civil War
Delta GB
The Colourful GB
The Icons GB
Gunships GB
Expeditionary Forces
Operation Downfall
Operation Unthinkable
Bizz Jets
Estate cars, Shooting Brakes, Station Wagons etc
Alt jet timelines - Jet engine developed before monoplanes etc
Prop propelled swing wing, delta and swept wing aircraft
Africa
Rail Launched Aircraft
V/Stol Submarines
F.1 Racing Cars
De Haviland, Airspeed, Airco
Shortened Aircraft - decrease the dimensions of your subject
Alternative AVG (American Volunteer Group)
Turn an on-site profile into a 3D subject or vice versa
Bite Me - Sharks, Tiger mouths
Elvis's vehicles
One Item Build
Pimp My Ride
Post Apocalypse Build
E-Type Jaguar Diamond Jubilee
Flight of the Phoenix GB
Alternative Transport Aircraft GB

NARSES2

Group Build 2021/2022 First Poll.

They are basically in the order in which they were suggested.

I've included nearly all the suggestions made but have merged a couple of very similar ones so as not to dilute their vote.

Now I've given you 15 votes, although you don't have to use them all, and I will put 15 or so through to the second round. Not fixing the number now as I don't want to be too harsh and drop things that only narrowly miss the "cut".

If you want to see more details and/or read the discussion it can be found via the link below.

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49060.0

I'll leave it open for a couple of weeks and organise round 2 on or around 9th April.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

About the same as last year, which is why we had two rounds then and need two now.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Well done Chris for pulling the various strands together.  It'll be interesting to see what makes it into round two.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

What I find more interesting at this stage is what gets eliminated.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Thanks Dave

Quote from: zenrat on April 01, 2021, 04:38:26 AM

Somehow that doesn't surprise me  :angel:

As for me ? I'm purely a servant of the people.  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

I can see about 1/3 of the 12 themes I voted for being dropped at the end of this round. Pity but no biggie. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

I used around 7 votes for my favorites.  Yes always surprising.  Once we get to the final three, I often find one I am very excited about, one I can live with, and one that I wonder what my esteemed colleagues were thinking!  Ha ha.   

Many thanks to Chris. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

kerick

Looks like if you combine "gunships" and "WW2 gunships" it would be a real winner.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 01, 2021, 06:12:39 AM
Thanks Dave

Quote from: zenrat on April 01, 2021, 04:38:26 AM

Somehow that doesn't surprise me  :angel:

As for me ? I'm purely a servant of the people.  :rolleyes:

By that I mean that we can be a bloodthirsty bunch, loving the creation of ever more violent and efficient killing machines, and our voting for GB subjects can reflect this as we reject the more peaceful themes.
But not always, as the current GB shows.

Lets be carefull not to give away any current standings in these replies.  Those who have not yet voted can't see the way things are running and we don't want to influence them or they might not vote for Pirates...

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on April 02, 2021, 09:53:17 PM
Looks like if you combine "gunships" and "WW2 gunships" it would be a real winner.

I did toy with the idea of merging them but decided to keep them separate in the end because WWII was so much more specific. To be honest I'm still not entirely happy with the decision I made, but we shall see.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2021, 03:27:11 AM

By that I mean that we can be a bloodthirsty bunch, loving the creation of ever more violent and efficient killing machines, and our voting for GB subjects can reflect this as we reject the more peaceful themes.

Very much so, but you only have to go to shows and see that is true throughout the hobby. Probably 80% of the builds at a show are military, perhaps even more.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2021, 05:56:56 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2021, 03:27:11 AM

Very much so, but you only have to go to shows and see that is true throughout the hobby. Probably 80% of the builds at a show are military, perhaps even more.

Don't forget I came to whiffing from being a model car builder.  Those are pretty much all civilian and unarmed.

<edit>  This has just given me an idea for another Blue Light GB build.  An emergency vet station wagon.  I need to dig out the kit from the stash to see if the interior modifications are feasible without masses of work.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2021, 03:56:53 AM

Don't forget I came to whiffing from being a model car builder.  Those are pretty much all civilian and unarmed.

<edit>  This has just given me an idea for another Blue Light GB build.  An emergency vet station wagon.  I need to dig out the kit from the stash to see if the interior modifications are feasible without masses of work.

Yup, I realise you have a model car background  :thumbsup: There are always a couple of dedicated car stands at SMW (at least a couple) and a goodly number of models represented on club stands. I'm always impressed with the quality of the finishing in particular.

As for an emergency vet wagon ? My niece has a stabling business and one of the vets she uses have a mobile surgery wagon (an old horse box), but an emergency wagon sounds a good idea  :thumbsup: