PV-22 Breezosprey 1/48 Italeri

Started by wacek85, March 21, 2021, 09:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

My beloved wife, when she sees that model isn't going in right way, usually says:
-Your modelling mojo is low? Do a helicopter! It will help!
Well, first things you've learn in marriage are these two words: "Yes, Honey!" But truth is, she's right with that helicopter. I've finished with old and rather clunky model and I need a quick and fun build.
So I've dug out Italeri 1/48 V-22 Osprey which was bought years ago because of one of my friends. At NATO Days in Ostrava he saw an Osprey and with deep disgust said "Meeeh, it's an overgrown Bryza! Boooring!". Well, he didn't know that he gave me idea 😃
One of the Polish M-28 Bryzas has a special scheme to commemorate 304 Sqn of Coastal Command. So I thought it could be cool to use that scheme on Osprey. I've ordered decals and that's it 🙂 As always Tamiya+Mr.Hobby+Real Colors with weathering fluids from Mig.
That's how PV-22 Breezosprey was born. And I must say that wife was right once again 🙂

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Knightflyer

Yes I do like that, and having seen the Polish M-28 Bryza in it's 304 Squadon scheme (was that at Fairford, the last year the Vulcan displayed there?) I can see exactly what you mean about an overgrown Bryza!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

KiwiZac

That made me smile, beautiful work!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Old Wombat

Hell, yeah, your wife was right! ;D

Fantastic build, Artoor! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good - and much better than the usual all-grey liveries.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Cheers to friends and wives ! Looks great in that scheme. Nice one !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?