L/F 1/144 B.747 bits ***SORTED NOW***

Started by Rick Lowe, March 18, 2021, 01:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Hi, all

I'm after the wings, engines and tailplanes for a Boing 747, any version or manufacturer.

I'm in New Zealand, so local would be easier, but I will work with what I can get.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount plus postage.

Please PM me if you can help.

Cheers & thanks in advance.

Rick

PR19_Kit

I've definitely got those parts Rick, quite a few of them in fact, but it'd be difficult for me to be any further away. :(

I won't be able to get at them for about a month eitjher, so maybe you can use me as a last resort.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

Does it need to be 1/144 scale? I've got that stuff from an Academy 747 + space shuttle kit in the spares box, but I think it's 1/288 or something like that.
Thanks!

Greg

Rick Lowe

Kit - it's going to be a Christmas Present, so I'm not in too much hurry as yet (but I have said 'There's Plenty Of Time' before...)
I'm just trying to get things sorted while I have more time at this end of the year. ;)

Strobez - thanks but I am hoping to use one of the 1/144 fuselages I randomly acquired, and the decals for the NASA SOFIA don't come in that scale, otherwise I'd have gone with that option. :thumbsup:

They are available in 1/200, but the kits in that scale are few and expensive and not readily obtainable here currently.

I will keep a 'watching brief' and see how things work out.

PR19_Kit

OK Rick, I'll be able to dig the 747 bits out in about a month.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 21, 2021, 03:05:57 PM
OK Rick, I'll be able to dig the 747 bits out in about a month.

Thanks, Kit - though you may want to hold off a moment, as I've had stray thoughts of asking the manufacturer if they will resize them to the Academy kit.
It's a lot smaller footprint, which would be an advantage.

I will do some investigating and get back to you.

Cheers & sorry to mess you around.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

It's not a problem Rick, I've got the bits and if you need them they're yours.

If not they'll sit in The Loft for another 20 yrs.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 23, 2021, 03:23:46 PM
It's not a problem Rick, I've got the bits and if you need them they're yours.

If not they'll sit in The Loft for another 20 yrs.  ;D

;D ;D

Thanks, I appreciate it.  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

So it appears I can get an Academy kit pretty readily and cheaply, and the Transfer manufacturer will resize the product to fit, so I will be going that way.
It means a smaller model to find space for, so that's an added bonus.

Thanks for the offer anyway, Kit - much appreciated.
(One day I will learn to explore all the options before asking for favours... :rolleyes: )

PR19_Kit

That's all good news Rick. I hope it goes well.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Thanks, Kit.  :thumbsup:
I hope to have it ready by Christmas but I have procrastinated before, to the extent of *just* finishing one on Christmas morning, before heading over to their place for lunch...  :rolleyes: