Royal Wessex Air Force Gnat T.2

Started by Leading Observer, March 07, 2021, 03:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Finally finished this Hanger Queen with my first attempt at home made decals. The Gold dot in the centre of the roundals is actually a very, very small Wyvern as depicted on the fin flash.

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on March 07, 2021, 03:35:37 AM
Desert camo - Bournemouth based?

;)

:thumbsup:

Definitely, whilst dealing with the UDI of the Isle of Wight!
LO

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 07, 2021, 03:51:53 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 07, 2021, 03:35:37 AM
Desert camo - Bournemouth based?

;)

:thumbsup:

Definitely, whilst dealing with the UDI of the Isle of Wight!

Yes, those islanders always were a rebellious lot.   ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

So who's on the Throne ? Alfred the XVII ?  ;)

Looks really good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 07, 2021, 06:04:44 AM
So who's on the Throne ? Alfred the XVII ?  ;)

Looks really good  :thumbsup:

Harold XV is on the Throne, the brother of Athelstan IX - he acceded to the Thorne of Wessex and Greater Britain in 1963 when Athelstan was "killed" in a very strange car crash during a State visit to Normandy, leaving no direct heir. A rival claim was made by the Duke of Normandy, who still call themselves Kings of England 900 years after William "The fuzzy bunny" was kicked out by the English in 1087 and the Wessex line re-instated.
LO

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 07, 2021, 09:03:24 AM

Harold XV is on the Throne, the brother of Athelstan IX - he acceded to the Thorne of Wessex and Greater Britain in 1963 when Athelstan was "killed" in a very strange car crash during a State visit to Normandy, leaving no direct heir. A rival claim was made by the Duke of Normandy, who still call themselves Kings of England 900 years after William "The fuzzy bunny" was kicked out by the English in 1087 and the Wessex line re-instated.

Now that's an interesting alternative history  :thumbsup: I've read a few where Harold defeated Willie the Conque' at Hastings, but none where his line was deposed and thrown back to Normandy. Maybe they had more time to pursue their claims to the French throne if they didn't have England to contend with ? Which could make the timeline even more intriguing.

Thanks for the idea  :thumbsup:

I'm assuming the Norman's were deposed after William I died ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leading Observer

In this time line, as in our own, Harold II died at the Battle of Hastings, but the Norman's lost the Battle and tried to retreat back to their ships at Pevensey. Duke William of Normandy was severely injured during this withdrawal, after his horse was shot and fell on him. The English. incensed by the death of Harold, pressed home their attacks again and again and only a small band of Normans, including the injured William made it off the beach and back to France. William was to die from his injuries on Christmas Day 1066.
However in the aftermath of Harold's death, the Anglo-Saxon/English took the chance to rid themselves of rule by the Godwin family, the incumbent Earls of Wessex, and a new King was chosen by the Witenagemot from the remaining lineage of Alfred The Great. The man chosen, was a descendant of Aethelred I's son Aethelwold. This was to have consequences in the future as the Godwin family continued to exercise considerable influence for many years to come...

Apologies if my use of the "alternative" name for William I, [The Conqueror] in an earlier post caused offense :wacko:

LO

Glenn Gilbertson

That looks good, and the Isle of Wight will soon be brought to heel! :thumbsup:
Then the conquest of Normandy, to create the Wessex And Norman Kingdoms Economic Region (may have to work on the acronym ....)

Remember to fly the wyvern banner proudly on Wessex Day - May 25th, the feast day of Saint Aldhelm/Ealdhelm.

Leading Observer

Previous post modified to make a bit more sense....
LO

Old Wombat

Well, I certainly find "fuzzy bunnies" extremely offensive! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

And yet once again it doesn't censor the plural.

Stupid bastards.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I was sick yesterday so didn't check the site for once.........and look what happens  :banghead: ;) Behave  ;D

Thankyou for the short history of an alternative Hastings  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 10, 2021, 07:07:17 AM

I was sick yesterday so didn't check the site for once.........and look what happens  :banghead: ;) Behave  ;D

I wondered where you'd gone. Hope you're OK now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit