Could the cancelled TSR-2 have won us the lost Eurovision song contest?

Started by Weaver, March 03, 2021, 05:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 03, 2021, 05:23:45 AM
...and why is there a picture of a Su-15?  :-\

Picture probably supplied by @RAF_Luton...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Nuking the iceberg that sank the Titanic! Brilliant idea but the environmentalists would have gone crazy and caused an insurrection that would have kept Britain out of WW1!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

andrewj

Quote from: kerick on March 03, 2021, 09:38:06 AM
Nuking the iceberg that sank the Titanic! Brilliant idea but the environmentalists would have gone crazy and caused an insurrection that would have kept Britain out of WW1!

Maybe, but a force of RFC TSR2's could have prevented the Germans advances in 1914 and saved milllions of lives in the trenches perhaps ?

kerick

Quote from: andrewj on March 03, 2021, 11:35:18 AM
Quote from: kerick on March 03, 2021, 09:38:06 AM

Maybe, but a force of RFC TSR2's could have prevented the Germans advances in 1914 and saved milllions of lives in the trenches perhaps ?

And if lucky could have knocked down the Red Baron using their jet blast alone!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

tigercat

I reckon what you need for your basic iceberg elimination what you need is a Blackburn Bucaneer .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tigercat on March 03, 2021, 12:18:42 PM

I reckon what you need for your basic iceberg elimination what you need is a Blackburn Bucaneer .

As far as any nautical problem was concerned, the answer was almost ALWAYS a Buccaneer.

Rather like the Canberra for the RAF.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit