Police Car - 5th Element - Done

Started by buzzbomb, February 28, 2021, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Multipass !

My good mate Ian W who is Stargazer Models is still creating models old school method, basic shape, lots of Autobody filler and scratchbuilt parts. None of this new fangled 3D rendering and letting a printer do the work. This is they way short run models used to be made.

I was fortunate enough to get a copy of his latest kit late last year, 1/48 Police Car from The 5th Element. Particularly since a great deal of procrastination has meant that I never really got a start on it, so this fits perfectly for this GB

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

That's cool. Started watching that film last week. Not sure if I've ever actually watched the whole thing !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Doug K

Oh, excellent, one of my favourite movies ever

buzzbomb

Underway.

Like most short run kits, it is bare bones for the modeller to do as they please.
Some of you may know that the chance of something like this leaving my desk "untinkered" is close to zero.
Lighting methinks, is the first bit of bling.
Open up the windows and prepare the lights.

Uhh ohh.. short run hurdle one, bubbles in the resin. The base part is designed to be wider so this will need to be rectified

In my drawer of Electronics is a chaser circuit, I am going to see if I can implement this to give the lights a bit of pizzazz

zenrat

What does "chaser circuit" mean please?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

buzzbomb

Quote from: zenrat on March 13, 2021, 02:02:47 AM
What does "chaser circuit" mean please?

Fred, basically  the LEDs's can come on one at a time around the round board continuously. This little widget has a button that can change the programming so light up each LED clockwise, counter clockwise, faster, slower and a sort of random pattern. Very handy

I hope to install blue and red lights for the top Beacons so they sort of replicate police lights. I hope, that is.

zenrat

So the lights can chase each other round the circle?

OK got it.  Thanks.

Fred

buzzbomb

Might just work  ;D

Proof of concept for the Beacon Lights. It is a short Movie so should open up and play.
http://www.modelblokez.org.au/bthpix/whatif/5thElement/LightMovie.MOV

zenrat

Excellent.  Wish I could do that but electricity and I have an understanding and my part is not to try to get too fancy.

Did you make the circuit yourself?

Fred

buzzbomb

Wow, been so long since an update, it fell of the first page. That is a bit slack

Was working on the car, just a bit slow and some very fiddly stuff, all of my own masochistic making around the lights.

Lights in situ

The kit is a prototype so the casting was not first grade, so it is what it is. Under first paint run

This link is another video of the lights in action (well mostly, one had a hissy fit and has subsequently been fixed) , so a lot larger so be patient if you want to see it
Lights Beaconing

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.