Mil Mi-24 PDRV Revenue Protection - Finished Pics Page 4.

Started by zenrat, February 28, 2021, 03:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The People's Democratic Republic of Victoria take tax evasion very seriously.
Revenue Protection collect taxes with extreme prejudice.  Life is always intense as a RevPro Man. 

Mi-24 The Start by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

As you can see I have long ago started building a set of floats but have done little more than do the maths to ensure it would actually float and then cut and cap some tube.  I can't remember why the red ball is in the box but I am sure it will come to me...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2021, 03:38:44 AM
I can't remember why the red ball is in the box but I am sure it will come to me...

Red Nose Day is coming  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2021, 06:18:52 AM
I can't remember why the red ball is in the box but I am sure it will come to me...

Red Nose Day is coming  ;)
Or maybe he was just clowning a-round... :wacko: :rolleyes: ;D

I'll see myself out, lol  :mellow:
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Nick

The People's Democratic Republic of Victoria take tax evasion very seriously.

Wrecking ball for non-explosive stopping of vehicles. Supplied by ACME Inc. Also used as a bloody great door knocker.

tigercat

Helicopter borne Highball for really serious tax evaders .

zenrat

This kit is Italeri sprues in a Tamiya box.
It's therefore not up to Tamiya quality.  It's not terrible but is could be better.
I may have to get the latest Zvezda Mi-24 at some point but am currently fighting the temptation of their Mi-26.

I've got some of the cockpit and interior together and have primed these parts and the insides of the fuselage halves.
I've also made progress on the floats doing some PSR and adding surface detail.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

A picture.
Mil Mi-24 WIP 07-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Floats will get steps/ladders on the sides and at the back but first need priming and a touch of PSR.
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 08, 2021, 05:28:04 AM
Are you sure they're big enough? :angel:

Yep.  I did the maths.

Fuselage is closed up.  Not without issues.  It shows it's Italeri origins with unTamiya-like vague interior location and need for trimming corners and edges.  The rear cabin is actually glued in at an angle but that won't be seen with the lower side doors closed.
Mil Mi-24 WIP 14-03-2021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

She's a heavy chopper.  12 Tonnes max takeoff weight.
The PDRV left all the armour in place and routinely carried a full weapons load when protecting their revenue.
Fred

ericr