SAC (the Movie) B-36 takeoff, airborne, landing | Resolution upscale to HD/UHD

Started by scooter, February 27, 2021, 04:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

frank2056

zenrat

Looks great but it is horribly framed.
I would guess they re-edited a cropped for TV version.

When Jimmy Stewart is walking from the car to the plane carrying his gear bag it looks as if it actually contains a decent amount of weight.  So many times on TV and in movies you see them toting bags which are obviously not heavy.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote'Wait for me honey, I won't be long. One take-off, one landing'

....and forgetting the 20 hr flight between the take-off and landing.  ;D

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 27, 2021, 05:37:20 PM

Beautiful. Wish I could have seen one in the air.

I'm happy to say I have done. They used to fly right over our house in Oxford while on approach to RAF Brize Norton in the late 50s. An AWESOME aeroplane making an equally awesome sound!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2021, 03:28:06 AM

When Jimmy Stewart is walking from the car to the plane carrying his gear bag it looks as if it actually contains a decent amount of weight.  So many times on TV and in movies you see them toting bags which are obviously not heavy.

I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the bag Stewart was carrying was his actual flight bag and kit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

He was a Brigadier General in the USAF Reserve at the time the film was made, and didn't retire from that role fully until 1968, so I should think you're dead right there.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Speaking of Mr. Stewart, watched a movie on YouTube with him in it.  It was about an American Engineers officer in China during the war.  He was retreating before a Japanese advance and it started with him and Harry Morgan (funny he keeps popping up in Jimmy Stewart movies!) as his SNCO and a team of Engineers, demolishing an airstrip.  He then is ordered to go by road to a place called "Kunming" and he has to demolish a bridge, a road and a larger ammunition dump on the war, as well as taking on some Chinese bandits, all while saddled with some griping soldiers, an ill soldier and a Chinese general's widow, who of course falls in love with him and then dumps him when he kills all the Chinese bandits (who have killed the ill soldier and the driver of a truck who is evacuating him to "Kunming").   He is an engineer in real life who builds stuff, here he is destroying stuff.  He made the movie in 1960 because it focused on things not talked about in his other war movies - the men, the locals and his reaction to what is happening around him.  Well acted and excellent writing but a little too Hollywood for my tastes.  The Mountain Road is well worth a watch if it comes your way.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

There is a place called Kunming. It was the Chinese end of 'The Hump' airlift from India in WWII.

I remembered it as I used the place in the backstory for my dh Hornet PR5 build.

Regards
Kit