Photo hosting services

Started by Pellson, February 21, 2021, 01:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm looking at some photo storage solutions. Please bear with me while I run some tests. I'll try to keep any pics uploaded interesting (if they show up, that is).

If one of you would confirm that you can see the pic, that would be helpful, as would comments or tips on pic storage, but don't feel obliged to. I'll soon be moving on.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Yes, I can see that one just fine.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

:thumbsup:

I use Imgur as well for everything, but also DeviantArt for anything over 1280px (and all my renders are in 4k UHD)- but then that's embedding the link to the dA page because I loath their expiring image tokens.  Just remember, though, that Imgur has a 15mb file size limit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Well, it seems to be working well enough, so I'm going "live" from now on.

Quote from: scooter on February 21, 2021, 02:43:55 PM
Just remember, though, that Imgur has a 15mb file size limit.

I hope that won't be a problem as I mostly can't be arsed to make any major photo efforts. Rather, tbh, I think the lesser quality might hide some imperfections in my execution of the models..  ;)
But thanks for heads up.

I chose Imgur because of the simplicity it's offering when running the entire process via a smartphone, from shooting via editing and uploading to writing and linking. And it seems to work well. At least given the minor effort I have put to it so far  :o

rickshaw

I can see the image.

Personally, I used Imageshack.  For a few dollars a month I have unlimited hosting. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Pellson

OK, now that the upload seems to be working, I really need to learn how to limit the size of the displayed image. Isn't there a code you can add to the "[img]"-sequence?

zenrat

After img add "width=desired width".
So for example, if you wanted it 800 pixels wide your first set of square brackets would read;

[img width=800]

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2021, 03:25:27 AM
So for example, if you wanted it 800 pixels wide your first set of square brackets would read;

[img width=800]

Awesome!  Thanks!

Weaver

I use Flickr for 'serious' pics. It has some quirks, but it's okay.

The other thing I do for 'throwaway' pics, that will only be relevent for a short time, is post them to Twitter then link them from there. I've no idea how long Twitter will keep an image or if they have any upper limit on hotlinking, but I've never noticed one go down up to now.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

I am happy with imageshack. Small fee I pay annually. Easy to share images.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Can see the image fine  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2021, 03:25:27 AM

[img width=800]

I think it was Old Wombat who taught me the above, so if I can do it anyone can  ;D I personally use "width=900  :thumbsup:

Personally when it comes to image storing I still use PB. Yes I know all the shenanigans of the last year or so, but I had a good annual deal with them whilst that was going on and they had to stick with it. When that ran out they'd sorted themselves out and I got what I consider to be a good monthly deal for unlimited storage and I have a lot of images stored, years worth of travel as well as models. Plus I know how to use it which in all seriousness is a big plus point for me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Some hosting sites (I know Flickr) let you choose a size for the image to display. I dont know about imgur

McColm