Main Menu

2021 Whiffie Awards Update

Started by tc2324, February 12, 2021, 10:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the 2021 Whiffie Awards will be delayed until later in the year.

I know we usually do this earlier in the year around the time that `other` awards show takes place, but I`m afraid that this year we will be looking at a summer time awards show.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

tc
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Oh well.

Hopefully the travel bans are lifted before the show,  I'd hate to have to throw my own TV in the pond again.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

Yikes!  It will be a wintertime show!  There goes my plan to dress in a Mankini!  Damn!  I had one all picked out too.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Spey_Phantom

thats alright, gives me the time to find a new dress euh....SUIT for the award show  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

No problemo  :thumbsup: After all' all those "other" shows are being delayed as well  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Thanks for all you do for this tc, it is really appreciated! 

Gives us all something to look forward to!-  Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Spey_Phantom

Any news on this years Whiffies?
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

I've PM'd TC to check he's ok.

I'll get back to you with an update in a week or so's time.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Hi all,

Apologies again for the delay, I`ve been working on these the last day or so, will update you soon on the show, timings, etc.

With various things going on `backstage` and other major projects taking up so much of my time these days, unless we have a major revamp of the current system of the awards to cut down the work load, unfortunately I`ll probably be looking for a successor to take this on going forward.  :-\

I`ll update you all again soon.

tc

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

tc2324

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates and the lateness of the Awards this year, lots going on my end, some good, some bad and well..., you know..., reasons.

Anyhoo..., just letting you know the polls will be going up on the weekend of the 16th October with the Awards show scheduled for the weekend of the 6th November. There will be less categories this year, for instance there`s no Pre or Post category, it will simply be best jet, Best Prop, etc. To counter the added amount of models within each section, extra votes will be given to be cast.

It`s reasonably safe to say that next year I`ll be looking to hand over the baton to my successor so if you wish to have a crack at it, feel free to pm me and we can chat.

See you all then.  :thumbsup:

Tiger, Tiger!