How to make a drum from a concrete mixer

Started by 63cpe, February 10, 2021, 01:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Hi All,

In need of some idea's how to make a drum from a concrete mixer. Size is rather small about 1,5 cm in length and 3 cm diameter at it's biggest. The unequal tapered shapes are the trouble. Even considered buying a mixer toy but can't find any info on the toys nor the drum.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

David aka 63cpe

Mossie

For something that small you could use a drill as a mini lathe.  Clamp the drill then mount a bit of plastic on a drill bit.  Use sandpaper to shape it at a slow speed.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

At first glance at the subject line I thought you were talking about Caribbean steel drums made from 55 gallon barrels except really huge!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

There used to be an adhesive glue in the shape of a concrete mixer,  I can't remember the product name.

tigercat

Is there any lego of right size and shape ?

Dizzyfugu

Maybe a Yakult bottle? Might be too large in diameter, though. But these things have a vivid scratch-building history in Japan!  ;)

zenrat

Just to be clear, do you want to build the drum from one of these...

...or one of these...

?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

What kind of a drum are you making?
Have you checked the grocery store for suitable shapes?

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on February 11, 2021, 02:09:53 AM
Just to be clear, do you want to build the drum from one of these...

...or one of these...

?
There was a glue bottle container in the shape of the bottom picture.

63cpe

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. Yes it need a drum/kettle thing for the lorry type concrete mixer. So the large ones.

@Dizzy, that's a good suggestion to check the Yakult bottles. I haven't been to the groceries yet (busy at work and very limited opening of shop due to auntie Corona) but will do.

Hobbes offered me to make a drum/kettle-thing with a lathe. But will try the Yakult bottle solution first.
I have plans with a derelict CH-54 and yes, this is for the upcoming GB. :o
Erickson just started an aerial construction department  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

PR19_Kit

An airborne concrete mixer?  :o

Whatever next!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

yeah, just..why not?! :mellow: :mellow:

LOL

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

tigercat

If not the railway modellers probably have a kit you can steal one from .

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe