The Blue Lights GB - Rules

Started by NARSES2, February 07, 2021, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right gents here's the draft rules for the Blue Lights GB, comments please

The Blue Lights GB draft rules.

1. Group Build runs from 00.01 Monday 1st March 2021 to 24:00 Monday 31st May 2021.

2. Your subject must represent something used by, or someone from one of the emergency, law enforcement or rescue services, etc. Whilst most will have sirens & flashing coloured lights (blue, red, orange, blue-&-red, blue-white-&-red, etc.) whilst conducting their business, some may not - especially if you choose to portray a figure of a member of that service (human, canine, feline, alien, etc.). Military, civilian or para-military organisations are all FAB.

3)  You may build, draw or write as many entries as you like (good luck!).  The posting of in-progress pictures is encouraged as always.  Back stories - however long or short - win extra points.  Well OK they don't but they're always nice to see.

4) "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the GB - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even printing your own decals, but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed.

5) Part-started models will be considered by the moderators. You should explain what you have done or post pics (even better) and they will decide, their decision being final - we are relying on the honour of our membership to uphold this rule.

6) No rule 6 - is there ever a rule 6 ? It's one rule or another so from now on it's 6

7) Moderators – crudebuteffective and Old Wombat, so thank you gents.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Rules look as clear as Army coffee, as usual.

One obvious query (for the mods), based on Rule 3- 3d render work is kosher?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

So are all military out?  How about military vehicles acting in a civilian emergency role?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Military police, fire brigades and ambulances?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on February 07, 2021, 09:25:47 AM

Bitte, what does FAB mean?  :o

See here :-

https://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/question/what-does-fab-stand-for/

It actually doesn't mean anything, it was just a code for 'AOK' or '10-4' in that time, period.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

The perfect GB for Thunderbirds inspired builds. :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 07, 2021, 09:32:39 AM

It actually doesn't mean anything, it was just a code for 'AOK' or '10-4' in that time, period.

Ahem, I gather it's a positive statement, so Military, civilian or para-military organisations are all allowed?.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Quote from: loupgarou on February 07, 2021, 02:06:54 PM
Ahem, I gather it's a positive statement, so Military, civilian or para-military organisations are all allowed?.

Correct, but they MUST be Emergency Services, so Military Police, Airbase Fire & Field Ambulance services, etc., are the go, if your looking at the military option.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on February 07, 2021, 07:07:10 AM
Rules look as clear as Army coffee, as usual.

One obvious query (for the mods), based on Rule 3- 3d render work is kosher?

Yes. :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Mossie on February 07, 2021, 08:49:32 AM
So are all military out?  How about military vehicles acting in a civilian emergency role?

See Rule 2 (especially the last sentence) & my response to loupgarou.

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, I had a build earmarked for this GB, but now I am not certain if it qualifies: private venture aircraft, used for transport but also employed in firefighting/observation, based on a real world case in Canada (Buffalo Airways). Would it be eligible?  :-\

McColm

And who's this bloke Roger?

Nick

Quote from: McColm on February 08, 2021, 01:43:59 AM

And whose this bloke Roger?

Surely you can't be serious?  ;D

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter